• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HydrOx Danger!
Well, we all know to be careful with our chemicals.  Today I learned something about HydrOx, when at the end of the day, I opened the side door on my van.

A bottle of HydrOx had tipped over and when the door opened, it rolled out and hit the driveway, popping the cap off and sloshing HydrOx around.  I picked it up and replaced the cap, but got concentrate on my hands

Guys, the stuff started to foam on my skin and to burn in.  The peroxide is very strong!  I had to go in and rinse my hands immediately.  It was a good reminder to be super careful never to spill or splash the stuff; God forbid any of us gets it in our eyes.

Well, just file the info away and stay safe.  Had a good residential job today, a good lesson at the end.
With Respect,
Stephen
Yes, it contains strong hydrogen peroxide - highly active! That's why it works the way it does. Please be careful, it can irritate your skin. Not normally a significant hazard, but it can be an irritant to the skin.
It is a proven fact that oxides kill bacteria. It is my opinion that this stuff will help sanitize the areas it reaches. That is one of the reasons I love this stuff. Bad odors are usually caused by bacteria. I tell my customers that the hydrox not only cleans great but will kill most bacteria. That leaves a real clean and destroys most odor problems. I too have felt a burn sensation. Just wash your hands it goes away. This is why bacteria does not stand a chance. Arguments that steam cleaning kills bacteria don't sit with me. A few seconds of steam just doesn't way up. It is said to sterilize something it needs to be in boiling water for 15 minutes. So a few second of steam may kill some things it won't be long enough to to sterilize. However oxidizing will kill over 99%.
I would like to add. You should be wearing safety glasses when mixing or handling any chemicals. You won't look like a pro if your spending 15 minutes rinsing your eyes in a customers sink.
Right on, Jarrod. HydrOx is a fantastic product! For us, it is a pleasure to offer something that does such good work and freshens up the carpet without perfumes. And yes, safe handling practices make good business sense, so eye protection and a quick rinse.
With Respect,
Stephen