• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praise for the Duplex DP420: Buy one!
I know the Cimex is the king of carpet.  For you guys that do only carpet, more power to you (and I wish I had one, too).

But my business is mostly residential cleaning, with some commercial.  In it, we clean hardwood floors, tile and yes, lots of carpet.  A few months ago I got lucky and bought a used Duplex DP420 at a price that I figured "What the heck, at least I'll find out if CRB works."

Since then I've done hardwood, tile and carpet.  What I've found is that 80,000 bristles at 720 rpm do a LOT of gentle, effective scrubbing on whatever you are cleaning.  The brushes flick the dislodged gunk onto two little rubber belts that carry it up and wipe it off into a center tray.   It isn't 100% perfect and I have to post-mop hard surfaces to get any remaining loose residues, but it is a fantastic piece of gear that does an amazing job.

On carpet, it brushes, lifts the nap and scrounges deep down for a thorough clean.  Because it can recover as it brushes, you can make repeat passes over bad areas, drizzle cleaning solution to moisten and plow through the soil like a boss.  It is not just dispersing the soil, it is capturing it along with all the hair, chunks of dog poop, flecks of debris and that gloppy stuff embedded deep in the fiber.  Every so often, you'll simply empty the tray into a toilet or bucket and carry on.  Figure 1000 feet/hour on CGD, 3-500 in a house.

Let me warn you that when you do empty the tray, you get rid of about a gallon of pure, concentrated evil.  Prepare to be amazed and make sure your customer gets a good look at what you have taken out of his or her carpet!

There are a few drawbacks:  It is a heavy (75 pounds) machine, so buy a good roll-around to transport it up and down stairs.  There are plastic parts like the solution tanks and center tray, so don't slam it around carelessly.  Using it is like eating chips, you keep getting fussier and fussier because you can.  You have to take ten minutes to clean it up after each job so it's ready to go next day.

Other than that, it is so versatile that I am saving for a new one so we have two.  As an all-rounder, it is a godsend.  Excellent Supply sells them at a very good price, so when I buy new, here's where my money will go.  In my opinion and for my little company, the Duplex DP420 is a perfect fit!
With Respect,
Stephen
The Duplex is a good machine. We've sold a few of them, and everyone seems to like them a lot.

Thanks for sharing your experience with it!   Smile
This photo thing has me baffled.
With Respect,
Stephen
It's very easy to post an image on the EncapBoard.

1) First host your image anywhere on the web. 
     Photobucket is a popular free image hosting service. 
     Once the image has been hosted online, copy the URL of the image.

2) Start a new topic, or reply to a topic. (Don't do a "Quick Reply")

[Image: encapboard-post.jpg]

3) Press the Image Icon (as shown here) and paste the URL of the image into the image tool.

[Image: encapboard-image.jpg]

Voila! That's all there is to it.
Rick, will it accept a Facebook picture if I copy the location?
With Respect,
Stephen
(06-08-2015, 08:13 PM)Act One Cleaning Wrote: Rick, will it accept a Facebook picture if I copy the location?

If you can paste the URL from the image it will work.
I recently attended a certification class that claimed that counter rotational brush machines were the only way to encapsulate a carpet. I have a duplex and it has it's place. However I also have a Cimex and would rather use that machine.
Rick, have you heard that carpet mills are considering voiding warranty if carpet is cleaned with orbital machines?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Anything is possible. LOL

But no, I hadn't heard that one.