• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried Cimex Yet?
Thought I'd share with you some Cimex news, if you are thinking about purchasing a Cimex or still have some questions.  Memorial Day Week is always our busiest week of cleaning of the year, why, not sure, although its Spring in PA and everyone needs their winter dirt cleaned up.  We've been cleaning since 1980, and since 1980 I've had a Cimex.  My first one is sadly gone, but a few years ago, found another nice used one on ebay.  My original fiberglass Cimex tank however is still being used along with some patch and tape.  Although I use and enjoy John G's Trinity machine for the residential carpet we do.  For commercial jobs and stripping of floors we stick to the old Cimex.  Yes, and I wonder why we are still stripping floors after 35 years, but I guess its in our blood.  This week one of our customers is opening up an new restaurant,  in an old building, the building was an old hardware store, the gondolas removed, and a 32 by 38  ft. section of the building is going to be a prep room/storage room.  The guys put up some new wall and sprayed all the walls white with paint,  overspray everywhere,  old wax around the old shelving, tar, on the floor.  The old Cimex, and alot of elbow grease cleaned up that old floor to look new again.  Aside from a few rust stains, not coming out.
Then today, we had an 8 provider Dr. office, thats right, 8 docs and PA's working in a small office with a very large waiting room, trashed, the office manager said it looked like they have a ghetto office, although I'm not sure what a ghetto office looks like, but you get the picture.  Again the Cimex with some of those white pads, who knew we would ever be using pads to clean carpet, I thought you buffed with pads.  The managers words after seeing the finished product "My God",  I think she was impressed.  Thats on office with 32 other offices,  am working on setting up a quarterly cleaning of the places. So, after 35 years, I still get occasionally impressed, and its the Cimex that can get you in the door, do all kinds of floor work with tile and carpet, and keep on running.  These guys here at Excellent Supply  seem to know all about the machine and can give all the help you need. Is it time to buy?  Take it from me you won't be disappointed if you do.  
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hello Greg.
Where in PA are you? (or as we say in PA....Where you at? ) I am in Johnstown.

I too have had a cimex for some time (1984) and used it strictly for vct work until a few years ago. We even mounted a Honda propane engine on one of them and stripped countless grocery stores with it. Now they are dedicated carpet only machines.
Here is a look at one of them the first time we tried doing carpets with it (red pads and all ) and a look at them restored.
[Image: Photo0090.jpg]
[Image: Photo0065.jpg]
and one with dual spray tips ..
[Image: 20140919_144927_zpstp3ujd91.jpg]
Wow! What a difference! I bet your customers like it too!
With Respect,
Stephen
Most never see it or us. We get keys and do most work after hours.