• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stinky old dog
So... Yesterday I scrubbed residential carpet (short shag) that smelled like doggie BO. I used HydrOx and a CRB. Place smelled great, but today the customer called to say two rooms still have dog odor. Of course I want to fix it, but what is my next move?
With Respect,
Stephen
It probably has a natural fiber so it is common to have that wet dog smell when it is wet or damp. For wet dog situations I use the Odorcide fresh scent and mist the carpets. Makes a great deodorizer. I believe it can also be mixed in with the hydrox but I have never used it that way.
Odorcide is what I would recommend.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Odorcide...p_360.html
Thank you Rick. I did not have Odercide, but used another brand that is on my truck. Worked it into the carpet and suggested they also get and run an ozone air purifier for their ventilation system. The latter because I think the smell may be in the ductwork too. My plan is to use up what I have, then use Odorcide to be sure of compatability with the Releasit line.

BTW, used the new HydrOx yesterday, customer LOVED the lemony scent.
With Respect,
Stephen
Odorcide is (1) compatible with the polymer in Releasit, and (2) it is one of the most effective odor products on the market.
Another option is adding tea tree oil to your solution. Tea Tree oil is available at most drug stores.
I just used Odorcide Fresh Scent on a carpet that had a terrible wet dog smell. The odor is gone and the customer is happy.