• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Over--sort of
Rick, this is a great site!! I really like the new look and feel. Well Done. I can relate...please read on.

I find it a little more than interesting that I just put the finishing touches on and launched my new website yesterday. I built it from scratch on a WordPress platform with video instruction. I can easily identify with your excitement.
I was able to change to a more searchable domain name, embed and incorporate SEO enhancements and take control of my business in a way I haven't before. I am saving monster monthly hosting fees.
This work is further boosted by an Adwords campaign that I put together with a Google rep that helped me straighten out my Google Places listing and a $100.00 Google credit.
Lastly, I am working with a company that will follow up on all my prospects/leads that fill out my Contact Us Form on the website and click submit. There goal is to make contact within 2-5 min and set an appointment. My only cost is the booked appts.
I am hoping I can attract some commercial business this way but even if I don't the cash flow from residential work should allow time to pursue the commercial work conventionally, belly to belly.
I have come to depend on Excellent Supply for product, customer service and advice. This forum is a valuable tool in the fight against my ignorance. I occasionally feel I am gaining in that fight.

Steve-o
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hi Steve,

I can appreciate what you're saying about developing your site. It's a lot of work. In the case of this project, I worked with a talented web developer. Together we put a lot of time into this project. These things are never as simple as the seem. We ran into difficulties extracting the data from the old message board and getting it into a searchable archive. But it worked.

I also admire your progressive views on your website and your goals for your business. In this tougher economy I firmly believe that we need to be creative and put extra energy into what we're doing. If we put that kind of positive energy into our business the business moves forward. Bada-bing!

So keep up the good work! I wish you the best as you grow your business. Go on and hit a home run - knock the ball out of the park. Smile