• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vacuum cleaner
I need to replace my old commercial Electrolux upright. I am not crazy about the newer Electrolux vacuums. What vacuum cleaner do you guys use/recommend? Thanks.
As one of the newer guys I still don't have much experience with Encap stuff, but I've had plenty of vacuuming experience from my Janitorial years. If you want the bells and whistles and don't mind a backpack, the Proteam is basically indestructible and has a ton of power. I liked the Supercoach HEPA one myself. There's about a million and one attachments and extensions that will fit with it. Did you want to stick with an upright?
I have heard good things about the Proteam. I am also looking at some little-used Kirbys.
KennyWright, I use a backpack vacuum to do baseboards and the edges. It is very efficient. For the main rug area, I use an older Kirby Heritage that came from a yard sale. Good machine, flogs the carpet until it vibrates. You can see stuff jiggling up! I take my sweet time and find it to be relaxing and fun. Customers like it too.

Then encap the daylights out of it. Good luck!
With Respect,
Stephen
(06-03-2015, 03:07 PM)KennyWright Wrote: I have heard good things about the Proteam. I am also looking at some little-used Kirbys.

We have been in the industry for a long time. We've sold Windsors, Landaus, and Koblenz (similar to the Sanitaire only better), and we sell Proteam. Protean is the BEST vacuum we have ever handled. Their upright vacuum is the most cost effective dual motor high filtration vacuum on the market. And their backpack vacuums are legendary. I don't think there's anything better out there for serious commercial/professional usage!
I am using a Sebo vaccum. It works very well. You can get the Sebo in different sices. Mine is a Sebo 360 electronic and the sice is ok for my residential customer.
Sebo makes a nice vacuum! Plus it's made in your country Wink
(06-04-2015, 10:08 AM)encapman Wrote: Sebo makes a nice vacuum! Plus it's made in your country Wink

Yes, that is right Smile ! And they are produced only 30 km away from my home.
Thanks for all the replies and advice. I will look at the brands mentioned. Also Rick, I will check out the vacs you sell.
Get yourself a dyson. Impresses the customers and is great for post vacuuming damp carpet as well. The filters are best on them too. If I use a bagged vacuum it generally smells like wet dog on every job even with a clean bag. I get no odor on my Dyson, and no bags to buy. Check Craigslist and ebay. The best one I've found is the older DC14 model. You can pick one up for around $100 to $150.
Thank but I have looked at and tried out the Dyson vacuums and I was very underwhelmed.
(06-07-2015, 01:35 PM)KennyWright Wrote: Thank but I have looked at and tried out the Dyson vacuums and I was very underwhelmed.

Me too.
Over the last twenty years I've had four Dysoons.

The U.K. made DC04 was absolutely the best.

Then Dysoon went off-shore to Asia & the quality declined.

Then I got a pig of a one which I binned.

The ball (DC15), has been a pretty good machine, UNTIL IT HAD A MINOR ISSUE.

My latest, is the Animal, DC41 I think.

Not impressed.

Due to Dysoon service in Australia sucking extremely poorely, I shall not be buying another.

I also have a Shark which is only good for "at home" & an 18" Windsor.

I think a Sebo will be my next upright.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Definitely none of the newer dysons are any good. After DC28 I think they went down hill. My windsor xp sensor was great until it finally blew up on me.
We have found great success with using pro team backpac vacs. We have gone thru a number of other brands but come back to them. Thanks for the great topics.
  Reply   Purge Spammer