• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vacuum cleaner
I really like my Royal Commercial vacuums. The all-metal construction is great when you have to get them in and out of a van several times a day. I also don't have to worry about other equipment banging against them and breaking the plastic housing that so many of the vacuum manufacturers use. 
I used to have a Royal Commercial too. It was a terrific unit. It was dirty (blew a fair bit of dust through the cloth bag) but it sure ran well.
Thank to all for the suggestions. I bought a hardly-ever used Kirby G10 for a great price.
The best vac is the one that gets used.
Very true. It always surprises me when residential customers say the "big hose" guys didn't vacuum. Like me, my old Kirby is dated, too heavy and built like a tank. But it still outworks the newer plastic sissyvacs and flogs the living snot out of carpets.

Haha, it isn't all about attitude, but ya gotta factor it in, right?
With Respect,
Stephen
Recently found an older model Proteam 140xp at a thrift store. Paid $5 took her home and cleaned all the funk from the nozzle area, appeared to be years of encap and fuzz build up. Must have been a local competitor! Whom I must thank, it works perfectly and even came with extra bags. Upon searching for parts should I need them in the future it appears to be identical to an Electrolux vacuum. Motors, belts, brushroll etc... Are the same. So is Proteam an Electrolux company? Also a customer of mine has a Lux 3000 vacuum, same vacuum, minus on board tools. 
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Yes, I think they built it on the old Electrolux platform.
Thanks Rick, thought that might be the case.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I have been using a Royal for the last couple of weeks and i am very impressed with it