• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Name?
Getting ready to register the business name, figured I'd see what you folks have to say about it. The initial creation will be an LLC. I used to do ceiling cleaning and over-head dust removal as well as window cleaning, so I'll probably still offer that in my carpet/floor cleaning business. For that reason I was thinking...

Above and Below Cleaning LLC

or

Above & Below Cleaning LLC

I may or may not throw a "Solutions" after "Cleaning", that might make it a bit too long though. It seems to cover all of the possibilities fairly well, and it exists as a direct literal idea of the cleaning I'm capable of (stuff that's above you, and stuff that's below you).

I like the unintentional ABC potential as well for jingles and slogans. Just thought I'd throw it past you folks to see what you thought. Thanks for any opinions.
Above and Below is a bit confusing to my simple mind. 

"Above All" might be a good option. But I'm not nuts about Above and Below.

Do yourself a favor and read this book. it will open your mind to the idea of BRANDING. You will, within the short time it takes to read this book, see where you want to go with a new name.
The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding[/font][/size]
http://www.amazon.com/The-22-Immutable-L...y_14_img_z
I agree with Rick. Leave out the below. JMO
It was an interesting read.  So, mainly what I got from it was stay away from general words, keep a narrow focus, and choose colors opposite of the competition.  Obviously there was much more, I just found those items to be immediately relevant.  By reading it, it almost appears like everyone who shoves the words "Capet Cleaning" or "Floor Cleaning" in their name is shooting themselves in the foot.  By the standards of the book, more appropriate names would be:

Cor-Clean (a homage to Cape Coral, the city I'm from)
HydroShine (Hydro is a prefix commonly associated with watering and cleaning, Shine with the after effects of cleanliness, could also be HydroBright)
Purebright (A general suggestion of a lack of contaminants)
Quik n' Clean (Verbal symmetry)
Stericare (A mash up of sterile and care to create an entirely new word)

Your thoughts?
Don't limit yourself to a single word or composite.  For years I did business as "My Personal Carpenter", a moniker tagged on me by a customer when chatting with her friend.  When I left Georgia, a friend adopted it to "Your Personal Electrician" and it seems to work for him.  My company is "Able Cleaning Technologies LLC" but we dba "Act One Cleaning".  I tell people that if we get sued, I'll change it to "Act Two" and they laugh...but remember the name.

Google prospective names:  "Cape Coral Carpet Cleaning" isn't taken, oddly.   Ask yourself what you sell, machines, labor, or service.  "Deep Satisfaction Cleaning" is in Chicago, but could you modify something there?  Is there something local which would make an evocative logo, like the Hammerhead Carpet Cleaning company in Cape Coral?  Brainstorm over a beer with silly things like PooBeGone or Where's My Dirt?  or Gentle Giant Cleaning or Yo Momma or something characteristic of you, like a nickname.

Have fun but don't try to be too clever or official.  Make 'em Smile!
With Respect,
Stephen
(06-07-2015, 10:27 AM)Matthew Wrote: It was an interesting read.  So, mainly what I got from it was stay away from general words, keep a narrow focus, and choose colors opposite of the competition.  Obviously there was much more, I just found those items to be immediately relevant.  By reading it, it almost appears like everyone who shoves the words "Capet Cleaning" or "Floor Cleaning" in their name is shooting themselves in the foot.  By the standards of the book, more appropriate names would be:

Cor-Clean (a homage to Cape Coral, the city I'm from)
HydroShine (Hydro is a prefix commonly associated with watering and cleaning, Shine with the after effects of cleanliness, could also be HydroBright)
Purebright (A general suggestion of a lack of contaminants)
Quik n' Clean (Verbal symmetry)
Stericare (A mash up of sterile and care to create an entirely new word)

Your thoughts?

Please pardon my candor - but you asked for input. So here's what I think...

Cor-Clean is not specific enough to "Cape Coral"
HydroShine sounds like a car care product.
Purebright might work.
Quik N' Clean sounds like I might get a "quickie" service.
Stericare sounds like a medical cleaner. And since carpet cleaning is NOT sterilizing anything it's also a stretch.

Read the book! Wink
(06-07-2015, 01:47 PM)encapman Wrote: Please pardon my candor - but you asked for input. So here's what I think...

Ha, no worries Rick, you're not going to hurt my feelings. I'm not exactly known as a artistic brand making juggernaut, so I don't feel bad about getting shot down a bunch of times before I start figuring something out that hits the spot. Heh, Hits the Spot Cleaning, how's that for silly, Stephen?

Anyhow, back to the book and the drawing board.
I actually like Hits The Spot.
"Hits The Spot" is genius, but there is one in Ridgeland, MO.
With Respect,
Stephen
(06-07-2015, 09:43 PM)Act One Cleaning Wrote: "Hits The Spot" is genius, but there is one in Ridgeland, MO.

That's weird, I'm not finding it. Maybe I'm not using the right searching methods.
Just google "Hits the Spot" cleaning.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/hit-the-spot-carpe...ake-forest

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/clarance-hits/b5/350/158

Might be more.
With Respect,
Stephen
It's starting to seem like 'made up words' are a bit easier. There's just about everything else under the sun out there.

Floorbright (apparently everyone else likes the word 'brite')
Florbright (homage to Florida? Still has the same sounds as 'floor')
NoaClean (Family name mixed in there)
Pedigree Cleaning
Neat for Feet
Spin-Dri
AgiTouch (Pulling from agitation)
Dry in Time (Surprised I couldn't find this one anywhere)
EnviroBright (Again, everyone seems to use 'brite')
CleanDX (Or FloorsDX)
The Floor Jockey
Green Preen
Just have a whole bunch of new names up. Figure I'd see if there's any additional comments. I really appreciate everyone's input so far also, it does mean a lot. I'll be picking something fairly soon so I can get to work on a logo and the like.