• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berber Carpet in office
A new challenge for me: today i watched a possible new clients carpet in his office. It looks like berber. It Is a bright carpet with dark loops. No real floor and some coffee spots.

I never cleaned this kind of carpet and have read it could be a real challenge...

Can i clean and work with the CRB or with the 175? What kind of pads do you recommend?

Although i have to clean the customers house. Looks like a red freeze. Not realy dirty. Thought of using the CRB and the soft brushes with DS2.
You could do well on both carpets with Encap-Clean DS2.

Your CRB machine with soft brushes are recommended for frieze.

And for the Berber carpet you could use your 175rpm rotary. Be sure to SPEED DRY Berber.
(06-16-2015, 03:10 PM)encapman Wrote: You could do well on both carpets with Encap-Clean DS2.

And for the Berber carpet you could use your 175rpm rotary. Be sure to SPEED DRY Berber.

Thanks for you reply. Glad to hear that the cleaning is possible with my equipment.

Should i only spray the berber carpet and go over it with the rotary and a microfiber pad or should i agitate the DS2 with a brush or CRB and then absorb through the pad?
I enjoy picking up these tips too, Rick. Thanks for your answers.
With Respect,
Stephen
(06-16-2015, 03:54 PM)Bernd Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 03:10 PM)encapman Wrote: You could do well on both carpets with Encap-Clean DS2.

Thanks for you reply. Glad to hear that the cleaning is possible with my equipment.

Should i only spray the berber carpet and go over it with the rotary and a microfiber pad or should i agitate the DS2 with a brush or CRB and then absorb through the pad?

Either option would be fine. It mostly just depends on the soil load. The dual method would be a good choice for a more heavily soiled Berber.
(06-16-2015, 09:32 PM)encapman Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 03:54 PM)Bernd Wrote:

Either option would be fine. It mostly just depends on the soil load. The dual method would be a good choice for a more heavily soiled Berber.

Ok. Thanks again. The Berber carpet is only a little bit soiled with a few spots. (coffee)
Treat the coffee spots with Encap-HydrOx.
(06-17-2015, 05:56 AM)encapman Wrote: Treat the coffee spots with Encap-HydrOx.

Ok. That is possible to treat the coffee spots with HydrOx and clean the rest with DS2? I thought it is not recommend to work with HydrOx and one of the other products?
Treating isolated spots with Encap-HydrOx and then cleaning the carpet with Encap-Clean DS2 is OK.
Sounds good! Thanks a lot for the time you spend to answer the questions.
Happy to help.
I recently tried using the white brushes with my Cimex on a white/cream colored berber that I've tried cleaning 3 or 4 times in the past and could never get the results I was looking for. I started out using a 175 with various pads, then a dirtnapper, then a Cimex with tan and gray pads. The white brushes were the answer I was looking for, however it was extremely aggressive. I would not have tried it had the owner not told me they were considering replacing the carpet. 

The combination of Punch mixed at 12oz/gallon in hot water as a pre-spray, 10 minute dwell, white brushes on my Cimex, first pass was "dry" to scrub the Punch in, second pass was "wet" with DS2 followed by a second dry pass. I finished up with microfiber pads on a 175. This completely transformed the carpet and blew the customer (and me) away.