• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some newbie questions about a Cimex
I don't want any of you old pro's spoiling this.

One of the greatest ways to learn is from mistakes, and making sure that you don't do it again.

There will be some newbies that have seen this, but don't know "WHY"

I'd like those that DON'T KNOW to offer up some of their own ideas as to:

What has caused this?

How do I fix it?

What is the "carpet"?

[Image: 20150618_152020_zpsvyyti6ak.jpg]

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I'm having a hard time figuring out what we're looking at from that photo.
All the funny lines/elliptical circles. Tongue
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Ahh. Simple. But I will let some of the others try to figure it out first.
It is the rare but much sought-after Cimex Spirograph kit, must be 18 or older to purchase. Comes complete with Irate Business Owner and Finger Wagging Office Manager. Pushy Attorney optional.
With Respect,
Stephen
I'll go ahead and answer...

Those weird swirly lines are normally on account of the Cimex plumbing not being cleaned out.

Here's the way to keep the plumbing flowing freely...
http://excellent-supply.com/CIMEX_FLOW_M...CTIONS.pdf

Thanks for sharing that photo Shorty. It puts a face on the condition.
Thanks Rick.

I know that many people feel maybe scared to ask a question for fear of ridicule, or embarrasment, or maybe even being thought of as dumb.

I know when I first started, I was as dumb as could be & asked so many questions at courses and of other carpet cleaners, that I think they would run when they saw me coming.  Big Grin

So the point of the pic was to show that if someone does have a problem, no matter how stupid it may seem, every one of us were in that same predicament when we started.

In essence, if ever you do not know the answer to something, ask, at least then you will know how to tackle a job.

Before you muck up & get a court summons to replace someone's carpet.

Cool
Re; the carpet, I don't know what it may be called over there, but down under it's not called carpet.

It"s called Flotex Flooring.

Has an impervious backing & is used in many schools as well as medical institutions and commercial properties.

Has 1,000 fibers per square inch.

Recommended way to clean is with a CRB machine, but I have also cleaned it with brushes on my Cimex.

Manufacturers recommend NOT  to clean with detergent, just water.

Detergent will adhere to the fibers because they are so dense, so it re-soils quickly.

The CRB separates, lifts & cleans the fibers.

Cool
Interesting! 

We don't have Flotex  in America. Thankfully  Cool  

Thanks for sharing that information with us Shorty. Knowledge is power!