• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to handle unknown spots?
I have had a residential job today on a very old, medium soiled (20 years old) carpet. Worked with DS2 and while i was cleaning, many new spots appeared... I did a thoroughly good pre vac. I asked the owner if she knows something about the spots...what kind of spots they are.
Of course she did not know...

How do you handle unknown spots? I treated them with Encap spot but they only came out a little bit...

What do you recommend how to handle unknown spots? I often have this problem when i am cleaning residential carpets. Should i try to extract them with a spot extractor?

The traffic lanes on the stairs came out great and DS2 did a good job...but i really need help how to handle unknown spots...
Simple Wink

(06-18-2015, 05:32 PM)encapman Wrote: Simple Wink

SmileSmileWink oh, thanks a lot. Great! I am still laughing.
There's a measure of truth in that video though. There are some situations that can't be fixed. At some point the carpet just may be beyond hope.

Let me illustrate it this way. If you took a nice clean white shirt and wiped down the engine of your car with it - there's no way that shirt would ever come perfectly clean again. It's simply not possible. Bonafide miracles passed off the world's scene 2,000 years ago, and I don't think you or I could pull one off today. We do our best, we try real hard, but sometimes it simply can't be done.

What I would suggest is to clean SLOWLY using with a strong dilution of Encap-Clean DS2.Apply minimal moisture. Make extra scrubbing passes. Speed dry the carpet with fans and ventilation. You could also post-bonnet.
Under-promise, and do your best. You never know, you may just pull off a small miracle. Wink
(06-18-2015, 06:26 PM)encapman Wrote: There's a measure of truth in that video though. There are some situations that can't be fixed. At some point the carpet just may be beyond hope.

Let me illustrate it this way. If you took a nice clean white shirt and wiped down the engine of your car with it - there's no way that shirt would ever come perfectly clean again. It's simply not possible. Bonafide miracles passed off the world's scene 2,000 years ago, and I don't think you or I could pull one off today. We do our best, we try real hard, but sometimes it simply can't be done.

What I would suggest is to clean SLOWLY using with a strong dilution of Encap-Clean DS2.Apply minimal moisture. Make extra scrubbing passes. Speed dry the carpet with fans and ventilation. You could also post-bonnet.
Under-promise, and do your best. You never know, you may just pull off a small miracle. Wink

Yes, you are right. We just can do our best- and no miracles.

I noticed many customer scrub and clean their spots with unknown chemistry in every wrong way i can imagine...and during cleaning with my chemistry the spots (owners chemistry) react to incredible heavy spots...
You are so right! It can sometimes be next to impossible to remove the damage done by the homeowner's spot removal tactics.