• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
orange scent -vs- tea tree ??
will ES be coming out with any orange scented encap products in the future?
We have it already! We've recently changed from Tea Tree to a light citrus (orange) scent. It's been well received too Smile
that's great news to hear!! i am looking forward to trying some citrus DS2 in the future Big Grin

i've been running into wool lately, so i like that it's near neutral pH.  the tea tree scented DS2 that i still have works extremely well.
Tea Tree was hit or miss with some people. I personally liked the smell of tea tree but the orange is awesome, I have had a ton of compliments from customers with the orange smell not 1 complaint.
Been using hydrox with tea tree for roughly 5 years or so and absolutely loved the mild natural scent. Has always been a hit with my customers as well. I know it's gone but if your like me and think Releasit's signature tea tree scent will be missed let Rick know. Perhaps a survey of sorts is in order! Maybe offer citrus and tea tree scented products. We have DS1 and DS2!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If you guys really prefer Tea Tree let me know. We are here to please our customers.
I just got a case of DS2 last week. I didnt know the scent was changed until I started cleaning with my cimex. I actually like citrus scent way better over the tea tree scent! It makes the area smell great!
I much prefer the Tee tree scent. I bought a case of DS2 but I cannot smell any orange/citrus at all. Maybe it was just the batch I bought or just my old sniffer.
(06-26-2015, 09:15 AM)KennyWright Wrote: I much prefer the Tee tree scent. I bought a case of DS2 but I cannot smell any orange/citrus at all. Maybe it was just the batch I bought or just my old sniffer.

The citrus scent is very light. We always prefer to go on the mild side with any fragrance. We would prefer to go light than to be overpowering. But we have concluded that it would be nice to have the scent just a little bit stronger. So we've just adjusted to a slightly fuller scent. Your next batch should be very pleasant smelling. Please keep us posted how you like it.
I greatly prefer it to tea tree. Customers seem to say "ahhhh" a little louder.
With Respect,
Stephen
I would like both to be available. I've not tried the new one yet, but never had any customers complain about the tea tree scent. And when they complemented it and found out it was tea tree it makes them think it is more natural and sanitizes better. So I think having both scents would be a good option. I suppose I could buy tea tree oil and add it and have the all new orange tea tree smell. Customers would want to know where they can buy an orange tea tree ha ha.
There was a perception from a handful of cleaners that the tea tree oil was making them cough, when the products were sprayed. So we reluctantly made the change. Tea tree doesn't make people cough - but try convincing that to carpet cleaners who have their minds made up.

Yes, the absolute simplest thing to do is to add a few drops of tea tree oil to the mix. The 2 scents blend well together. And it is fairly inexpensive, since only a few drops per tankful of detergent are needed. It would be impractical to manufacture two products with different scents. If you really favor the tea tree scent though, we still have Encap-1 with the tea tree scent. :-)