• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swirls....
Saw some pics of the Cimex in action on another board. Results were awesome however it looked like there were a lot of swirls left in the carpet (multiple job sites).

Are swirls a common occurrence, an anomaly or user error?

If it's something that happens on occasion what's the best way to remove them?
Shorty will be a good person to talk to you about that I reckon. Some of his customers love it.

Because of the counter-rotating brushes it is a bi- product of using the Cimex especially on cut pile carpet and even more so on Plush pile carpet. These need to be groomed with a rake to remove them before it dries.

Cheers

Jamie
Jamie nailed it.

You'll find that the overwhelming majority of customers are totally ok with the swirl patterns. It shows you scrubbed every part of the carpet. Some even desire the swirls.

Like Jamie said, if you want to remove the marks rake it while it's still wet. But it's a of of work. Too much work for no good reason if you ask me. The swirls will disappear on their own after a couple of days of normal foot traffic and vacuumings.

By the way. Vacuuming a plush carpet also leaves markings and patterns. It's really not a big deal.
Look at it this way, if the carpet is steam (or cold) cleaned, Big Grin, the wand will leave triangular marks, or if using a rotary such as an RX20 or 360i, it will leave swirls.

The Mex; will leave swirls.

Benefit of Cimex swirls in a locked up office with no fans, air con; or ventilation over other method is:

Carpet is dry when staff return to work.

No slip/fall problems.

No "wet carpet" odor.

No condensation on windows.

IdeaAesthetically, it just looks better. Wink

Rolleyes
Great stuff!

I like your reasoning, Shorty!
we've been 90-95% commercial for the past 8 years with the Cimex. i can't recall 1 client every complaining or even commenting on the swirl finish.

to me it looks clean and "finished". i reckon my clients feel the same.
you can always brush out any swirls if you need to, We do that all the time for a few clients