• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Cimex
Hi Everyone

Acquired a very old R38 Cimex a while ago looking to try a make it a working machine again with a number of peoples help found replacement parts and its close to finishing,but one problem remains the tee piece on the axle appears stuck sprayed with penetrating oil and given a good tap but still no joy.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks Eddie
  Reply   Purge Spammer
The axle will need to be cut. Then a new axle and new tee piece can be inserted. Once the old zinc axle fuses to the tee-piece, there's no way to recover it.

While you're at it, you might consider upgrading the whole thing with a "Big Boy Wheel Kit". With that kit you'll get a new STAINLESS STEEL axle, a new tee-piece, and 10" wheels with bearings. It is a monumental upgrade in the way the machine will roll and handle. http://www.excellent-supply.com/Cimex-Bi...p_186.html
HINT:  When punching the old axel out, put a driver against the axel to prevent the hammer from spreading the axel, stopping it from sliding through the carrier.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........