• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Over
Shocked 
I started cleaning carpet in January of last year, and due to family issues I unfortunately had to shut down operations and move out of state. I used to be a member here but I've since forgotten my username and password... well here I am, starting over in an entirely new market. Last time I just fell in to it, it was easy. I didn't have any competition and I was cleaning rent houses for large property managers in a military town so I had constant residual business. It was virtually all residential, and other than bringing brownies to a few real estate offices I never had to sell.

Here it's different. Highly competitive residential market (in the likes of Stanley Steemer and similar) and the rental market isn't as active. The commercial market is significantly bigger, but it's a new game for me. I'm not shooting for the moon here. I don't need 25 huge accounts, I just need to get the ball rolling. Make that first sale then the next.

So the question... In all of your collective experience, what types of commercial accounts are more likely to get me started? Jewelry stores? Banks? Churches? Office buildings? Medical Clinics? Something else? Huh

I have the following, most purchased here:

-Oreck Orbiter
-Oreck Lowboy (mine says bissell)
-Bissell dual motor vacuum
-Excellent Supply 15" CRB
-Gecko Spotter
-CRM Software (no contacts so it's a clean slate Blush )

I need to buy:
-Chemicals
-Pads
-Marketing materials (cards, truck decals etc.)
-Releasit CMS (worth the $130??)

Sorry for the absurdly long post, but with all of the information provided can anyone give me some pointers on how to get the ball rolling here? Any guidance is greatly appreciated!!!!!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Restaurant's would be a good start. Churches I think you would have to discount (JMO) Office buildings are another good one but a lot of the cleaning people would under cut you. Good luck and Welcome back.