• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Releasit's New Scent
[Image: releasit-citrus-scent.jpg]

Releasit Has a Fresh New Scent

Ever since the first jug of Releasit was produced back in 2003, we've used tea tree oil for the scent. Many of our customers liked the scent. However, some folks aren't all that crazy about the smell of tea tree. We've heard a few complaints about Releasit's scent through the years, so we felt it was time for the tea tree scent to be replaced. 

We set out to find a good alternative for the Releasit line. As we sampled different fragrance options we wanted to find a fresh clean scent that wasn't over-powering. The light citrus scent we finally decided to go with smells incredible. It's like cutting open a ripe navel orange! You might even be tempted to taste it - but we don't really recommend that. ;-)

The new Citrus Fresh Scent is now in Encap-Clean DS2, Encap-HydrOx, Encap-Punch, Bio-Encap, and Encap-Basic. Tea tree oil will still remain in Encap-Spot and Encap-1. 

The new scent smells great! As the carpet gets cleaned, a light citrusy scent fills the air. The feedback has been positive about the new scent!

Is this already available in AZ?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Yes, the new scent has been shipping for the past several weeks now.
Bummer, not a fan. When I mix hydrox strong for urine stains or other heavy soil conditions it gags me and causes a burning sensation in my throat, especially when applied with an electric sprayer or a mist from a trigger sprayer. Had never experienced this before the change to citrus. My wife has also complained of the same effect when she has been on jobs with me. I was hoping an unscented version of hydrox might be offered so I could add my own tea tree oil. I had to discontinue use of another citrus product on the janitorial side of our business for the same reason (Unitex Perox a Peel). Great product but our employees complained of the same issue.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Weird. There isn't a whole lot of fragrance in any of the products. It's intentionally very light. We sometimes got complaints with the tea tree products that people would cough. In fact that's part of what led us to the decision to look for another fragrance. It's a bit of a tightwire walk - there's always someone who isn't quite settled with the scent one way or the other. We've taken a cautious stand with regard to the scent. It's very light. And what we've been hearing is that it's a hit. I appreciate your feedback. We will, as always, take it into consideration as we go forward. I thank you!

P.S. If you'd prefer to work with the original tea tree scent, you could use Encap-1. That is still our "original" formula - including the tea tree oil.
Can't wait to get some
I absolutely love the performance of all the Releasit products I have used, and consider them the best in the industry. Just not the new fragrance. I am just as surprised as you at the experience I've had. Granted it doesn't happen all the time, just when mixed at a higher concentration like you would use for browning, urine and other organic stains. And yes I miss the tea tree scent.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If you'd like to add tea tree oil, just a few drops will bring a very pleasant scent to your cleaning. You can order tea tree oil online, or get it at any health food store. It's highly concentrated so you only need to use a little bit.
Looking forward to getting some of the new scent!  
How something smells is so subjective and yet so very very important in our world.
Hey Rick, I am sure you put a lot of effort into making as many folks as happy as possible with this change.
Bet it is kind of scary changing your whole product line isn't it!
I have been using the new scent for a while now... Customers love this stuff. Rick is right, the tea tree was hit or miss with some people, I have not had one complaint since the new scent has arrived.
I haven't tried the new scent yet, but I loved the fresh fragrance of the hydrox. I never had any issues with the tea tree scent nor ever had anyone cough using it. All of my residential customers liked the smell and when they found out it was tea tree they thought that was the coolest thing. They think natural, clean and sanitized. I do hear DS1 is still tea tree so I may have to get some of that, but I love my Punch and Hydrox.
(08-26-2015, 10:19 AM)encapman Wrote: If you'd like to add tea tree oil, just a few drops will bring a very pleasant scent to your cleaning. You can order tea tree oil online, or get it at any health food store. It's highly concentrated so you only need to use a little bit.

Yes, Encap-1 still has the tea tree oil in it. And a few drops of tea tree oil could be added to the other products if desired.

We had people thinking (perceiving) that tea tree oil caused coughing. Tea tree oil doesn't cause coughing when the products are sprayed - but try convincing cleaners of that when their minds have already been made up. Of course, there is a possibility that some people may have allergies or sensitivity to tea tree oil. At any rate, the simple fix was to take it out. The new scent smells great. And the new scent also blends well with tea tree oil, if someone still wanted to add a few drops to their mix. Overall though, the new scent has been a success!
I was helping a friend this afternoon who is moving, and I cleaned the carpet in their old home.  A woman who's a friend of their family walked in and said "wow it smells like an orange grove in here". That unsolicited comment is exactly what we were going for with the new scent!!! Smile
i'm liking the new MILD scent...mildest orange scent i've ever used. much milder that the Tea Tree.
Rick , are you offering a sample pack ? I currently use Bonnets Pros Surround because most of the work that I currently do is for Real Estate agents. They demand that I use something that will leave behind a fresh sent.