• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanitizing
I'm new to the low moisture process from hwe, and im curious if there is an additional step that may be added to the process in order to achieve a sanitized carpet.

The hot water from the hwe method is generally what sanitizes carpets, and i know that this is the ONLY benefit of going hwe over lm.

Anyone have the solution?

Also i know oxy-dry has one method that does sanitize using ozone, but still curious if there is ny thing else
  Reply   Purge Spammer
There is no way to sanitize a carpet. HWE will not sanitize a carpet. Ozone will not penetrate enough to sanitize. Cleaning a carpet will help reduce bacteria and viruses but will never sanitize completely. The research I have done on this matter it is nothing more of a sales gimmick.
For something to be sterilized it needs to be in boiling water for Approximately 10 minutes. HWE can only achieve this for a few seconds. Peroxide detergents stand a better chance at killing most bacteria etc but will never penetrate far enough to be considered sterile.
The short answer is. You can't clean a carpet and leave it sterile.
Jarrod is correct.
Technically HWE is unable to sanitize 100%.
I agree with the two replies above. No method of carpet cleaning can truly "sanitize" the carpet. We can make it clean looking. But to be totally sanitized (i.e. sterile) - that's not possible.
I also agree with the above.

Apart from that, for how long would people expect the carpet to stay sanitized, if it were at all possible??

Look at how often medical/surgical instruments are sanitised, and they are not a porous material like carpet is.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........