• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
op cleaning and post vacuum?
I was thinking of trying op cleaning, But i'v read on some threads that you have to vacuum after cleaning also because the op vibration brings up what a lot of your pre vacuum did not. Now I use cimex on cgd and crb on resi, i never have to vacuum after and would not want to ad another step especially on larger jobs. also even though encap dries fast I think it is still damp and don't think it's good for a vacuum tho suck in moisture? 
No need to post vac in my opinion.
The customer can vac that the next day if desired.
I explain this to the residential folks and have not had a problem.
I use a duel speed 175/300 RPM buffer with a Dirt Napper. I have found that is most cases you will not need to post vacuum.
I agree with the comments above.
This really is a great topic! I'm 99% commercial and would be happy to post vac for an extra charge. Most property management already have a janitorial company in charge of vacuuming so no point in charging the customer for a service they are already paying for. But then the question becomes what exactly is the janitorial doing when they vacuum? If improper process, shortcuts etc. are happening it can hurt. In my experience allot (not all) janitorial do a pretty poor job with improper vacs or shortcuts. The most popular method is the "lone back pack vac with a wand attachment". If you blink you missed them vacuuming.

If you have a maintenance contract for instance and are cleaning the carpet on monthly basis you will know pretty quick if proper vacuuming methods are being used by what you as a cleaner can pull out of the carpet. I cannot express how important a proper vacuuming frequency and equipment is to you as carpet cleaner especially if you are on a maintenance contract. With that being said it raises allot of questions when left in the hands of another service that the customer is paying for. You can educate the customer and other service,,, but that can lead into blame and finger pointing unfortunately.
I ask them point blank if they will make sure the carpet is vacuumed. If there is any issue, I tell them I will return to vacuum it myself for (x) dollars.

Stay upbeat, but be direct. They'll make the choice that they can live with.
With Respect,
Stephen
I have found on most commercial jobs you dont need to vacuum but using an Op machine with pads on most residential nylon or any wool carpet a carpet rake will not work because there is some loose staple fibers.

I use a 16 inch sanataire 899 and have been vacuuming damp carpet since 2011 without any problems because moisture does not go through motor. It has a plastic base with a plastic fan that goes into bag and the brush roll is aluminum so you can rinse out the bottom of vacuum at the end of the day. If you use a few cotton micro fiber blended pads the carpet is dry enough to vac in less than an hour.
For residential carpet i like the way the sanataire brush roll grooms the carpet compared to some vacuums and some vacuums are hard to clean out after the damp fiber dries up. The shark I have used is not good for damp carpet but good for edges and upholstery. I prefer grooming with a vacuum after using a carpet rake for 13 years.

nice job!
Wow Joel , you picked up that much stuff after you pre vacuumed and then cleaned it ?