• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superzorb pad and advice
A newbie to the board and to LM/encap side of carpet cleaning but not carpet cleaning itself. I've been running with HWE with a porty for about 6 years since my startup and have good results. I started encapping commercial jobs earlier this year after advice from another forum and have seen great results so far. In the past few months I've been toying with the idea of primarily doing LM cleaning and supplementing with HWE on jobs that require it.

It's where residential carpets are concerned that I'm trying to perfect the skill. Here in the UK we have about a 50/50 mix of customers with wool and synthetic fibre carpets. Most of the time I get great results but wanted some advice in a few bits to see if I can fine tune my process and results.
Currently I am using a 175 and oreck orbiter and have so far:

Microfibres scrub bonnets
Microfibre bonnets
White buffing pads
Multi- brush attachment and pad

Here in the UK we don't have many options as you in the mighty USA do so sometimes find it hard to cross reference what's recommended on these boards. However I have seen mentioned a lot that cotton bonnets are best for absorption. The only pads I can get if that sort are the HOS Superzorb pads. Would these work well/be reused many times or would I be best stocking up on microfibres pads?

My process at the moment is:

Pre vac
Prespray
Agitate with 175 and multi-brush
Pass with dampened scrub bonnet (if needed)
Pass with microfibre bonnet

From what I can gather I've got the steps right but practice and the right pads may help.
Sorry for the long post and Thanks in advice for any advice, I've learnt so much already looking through past threads and searches. Feel very optimistic about offering Lm after reading in here and without the anti-lm that's often spouted in many forums.
(09-26-2015, 03:50 AM)marsonpee Wrote: I've been toying with the idea of primarily doing LM cleaning and supplementing with HWE on jobs that require it.

First of all welcome!!!

Yes, your business model sounds fine. There are many cleaners doing that now. In fact it seems that the trend is moving in that direction more and more each day. Low moisture is becoming an ever growing presence in our industry.

I would highly recommend microfiber for finishing off the carpet. Microfiber is a superior cleaning fabric. Cotton and synthetic options are not nearly as effective. Proof of that? Take a look at all of the microfiber cleaning cloths, dustmops, hospital mops, and bonnets that have exploded onto the scene in the past decade. Microfiber has the ability to capture more soil than traditional cleaning fibers. 

Here are links to what we offer...
Microbeast: http://www.excellent-supply.com/MicroBea...p_475.html
Microglide: http://www.excellent-supply.com/MicroGli...p_593.html
We also sell Superzorbs. They're great. Superzorbs are very absorbent. Microfiber simply has the ability to capture more dirt.

Your strategy is entirely plausible. Go for it! 
And welcome to the dark side.  Cool
(09-26-2015, 11:36 AM)encapman Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 03:50 AM)marsonpee Wrote: I've been toying with the idea of primarily doing LM cleaning and supplementing with HWE on jobs that require it.

First of all welcome!!!

Yes, your business model sounds fine. There are many cleaners doing that now. In fact it seems that the trend is moving in that direction more and more each day. Low moisture is becoming an ever growing presence in our industry.

I would highly recommend microfiber for finishing off the carpet. Microfiber is a superior cleaning fabric. Cotton and synthetic options are not nearly as effective. Proof of that? Take a look at all of the microfiber cleaning cloths, dustmops, hospital mops, and bonnets that have exploded onto the scene in the past decade. Microfiber has the ability to capture more soil than traditional cleaning fibers. 

We also sell Superzorbs. They're great. Superzorbs are very absorbent. Microfiber simply has the ability to capture more dirt.

Thanks the confirmation. Since I already have microfibre I will continue growing my collection. Am certainly embracing "the dark side" having done the last 2 weeks almost exclusively Lm my body doesn't hate me as much at the end of the day as dragging hoses,buckets and wands around everywhere.

Going to be placing my order with Jamie at Cleaning systems uk for a sample pack of the releaseit range, have other encap products which work well but always wanting to try as much as I can and love that there is so much after support on these forums for the releaseit range.
Marsonpee, welcome! Any time Shorty posts, make sure to flip your screen. For an Aussie he sure knows his stuff..
With Respect,
Stephen
Your going to really like the Releasit product line! It just works !!!
(09-26-2015, 12:51 PM)marsonpee Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 11:36 AM)encapman Wrote:

First of all welcome!!!

Thanks the confirmation. Since I already have microfibre I will continue growing my collection. Am certainly embracing "the dark side" having done the last 2 weeks almost exclusively Lm my body doesn't hate me as much at the end of the day as dragging hoses,buckets and wands around everywhere.

Going to be placing my order with Jamie at Cleaning systems uk for a sample pack of the releaseit range, have other encap products which work well but always wanting to try as much as I can and love that there is so much after support on these forums for the releaseit range.

Hallo Marsonpee!

Yesterday i placed my order at Cleaning Systems Uk...but they do not have the Releasit products anymore on stock. Should be possible to get my order in 14 days here in Germany.

Good luck and welcome!
Oh no Sad hopefully they may be getting some more in stock Confused Currently using bonnetpro which is the only other more encap specific brand over here.
(09-26-2015, 07:32 PM)marsonpee Wrote: Oh no Sad hopefully they may be getting some more in stock Confused Currently using bonnetpro which is the only other more encap specific brand over here.

Hope they will do Smile .

I orderd again DS2, Punch, HydrOx, Encap Spot und the first time i can get them- the Fiber Plus Pads. I would order the Micro Beast Pads...but they only have them in 17"...and i have read after washing they will schrink a bit. Bonnetpro? In UK?
Bonnetpro is available from Restormate Smile good stuff but eager to try releaseit
(09-27-2015, 04:49 AM)marsonpee Wrote: Bonnetpro is available from Restormate Smile good stuff but eager to try releaseit

Try it! I started using the Releasit products and my results are getting better and better.

I am still learning when to use which product...but the best is that any question will be answered on this great forum!
After a quick phone call to Cleaning systems they said some is currently on its way to them Smile
(09-29-2015, 03:18 AM)marsonpee Wrote: After a quick phone call to Cleaning systems they said some is currently on its way to them Smile

You are right! Got yesterday a email that my order can be delivered in a few days!Wink