• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
op with only 1 pass & punch question
Just did my first op cleaning today and Wow, I think i'm hooked! i have read many different ways to clean and some talk about using different passes with different pads, I really just want to do one pass with one pad and go over it again if I need to. Would the microfiber-beast be the best choice for this. and can I use it for most carpets, also for which carpets would you not want to use the beast on? I also read that Punch is better for OP cleaning than DS2, and my last question is would op cleaning make Hydrox less effective for those situations where you would want it? Thanks!
Hi Mark , what kind of OP machine do you have ? I use a 175/300 rotary buffer however , I am pretty sure sometime next year that I will be in the market for the Vario II.
I picked up a used hos orbot sprayborg. I was using a crb and "very" happy with what it could do, but reading the forums I see most guys doing vlm are using rotarys or op's so I wanted to try one. 
Spend afew minutes reading the info about all of the releasit line and you will answer your own questions. There is no one size fits all tool....juice wise. They are all tools in the toolbox.
Encap-Punch is a great product to use for bonnet/pad cleaning. It is less foamy than Encap-CleanDS2, so Punch works better in a bonnet cleaning application. Plus Encap-Punch has some additional solvents, so it is a great product to use for bonnet cleaning.

Encap-Clean DS2 is ideal for shampooing. That's where we want to see some foam on the carpet. It produces a light white foam that helps you gauge how much product you're putting down. It also cleans like crazy! Everybody loves Encap-CleanDS2!

For shampooing, the Fiberplus pads are absolutely excellent. You will love them. For bonnet cleaning on commercial carpet, use the Microbeast bonnets. These bonnets cut through soil loads like a knife! You will be seriously impressed I guarantee it. For bonnet cleaning on cut pile or residential Carpets we recommend using the Microglide bonnets.

Encap-HydrOx is extremely well suited for organic soiling. It also creates a nice color boost on lighter colored carpets without having any optical brighteners. It has become very popular product in the Releasit line. It requires a little more dwell time to get the pop pout of this product, but the results are ptty impressive.
Just a quick follow up Rick, I have a Hos Sprayborg, Using the sprayer I would not have dwell time with the hydrox? I'm hoping you will say dwelltime would be better but you will also get great results using hydrox with the sprayborg?
OK so you want me to say that. Well it wouldn't be true. We all recall our IICRC training that cleaning requires TACT Temoerature, Agitation, Chemical, and TIme. With a NATURAL process such as the activity of hydrogen peroxide, a little more time is needed. Sure, the orbital action serves up a nice slice of agitation, but time is still a factor for optimum results when it comes to hydrogen peroxide. If the carpet is not heavily soiled, a single pass could work. But for most normally soiled carpet, using ANY detergent, a wet-pass dry-pass works best. Experiment though, yay find that making a SLOW single pass could work with Encap-HydrOx - your mileage may vary.
Sorry Rick, I didn't mean a single pass. I would go back and forth "as many times as needed" I ment using hydrox in my orbot sprayborg! the same way I will be using Punch?
OK I guess I misunderstood. Absolutely, HydrOx will work perfectly for you. Here's what I suggest. Section off an area of carpet, say 100 ft.². Blast over that section spraying the carpet as you run the machine very quickly over the section. Then go back across the section, starting from where you began, making a slower dry pass. That would allow sufficient dwell time to enable Encap-HydrOx to do its work.
I use a two step process with Hydrox to get the best results in residential.
First I use a Tuway pad and do a single wet pass followed by a slow dry pass on the backstroke.
I keep moving but about 10 minutes later get back to my starting point and use a MicroBeast and hit the area again using much less fluid and more scrubbing.
Great results for light carpet in residential applications.
Nice tip Lee. Thanks for sharing your technique!