• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling bonnets on the truck?
Just started bonnet cleaning and have a few questions about handling the bonnets, microglide & beasts mostly! To hopefully shorten my learning curve, I work out of a small pickup truck so storage space is limited, How many bonnets do u usually carry with you and how do you store and handle them on the truck? (plastic containers? mesh bags?) and how do you store the used ones on the truck, Just put them on the bottom of whatever you store the new ones in? Thanks!
Hey Mark,

I have a round gray canvas bag that was designed to hold diamond floor polishing pads. It holds about 10 bonnets.
I have searched the web but cant find it anymore. You could try something like a Gator Padded Bass Drum Bag 20 x 18.
Just type that in and see what you find.
After they get dirty I throw mine in a plastic garbage bag so I can bring them home and wash them.
That way its easy to carry and vehicle and bonnets stay cleaner.
You will need a large bucket to keep them damp. A large heavy duty trash bag could work too. Ideally they should be kept damp after using, before laundering. That makes it easier to get them clean.

That being said, mi refiner cleans up SO EASILLY that it becomes less of q challenge than other types of bonnets. This makes it possible to rinse them at the job site. It's very easy to spray the, off with a hose. You could even stop by a car wash and spray them off. Or thy could be rinsed in a sink or wash tub. The dirt releases much more EASILLY than with traditional bonnets. This makes it possible to have a smaller inventory of bonnets on hand.

Hope that answers your question sufficiently. Smile