• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex Problem
Question 
Hi Rick

Any suggestions as to what is causing this problem with my cimex. 

Starts ok with the head off the carpet but bogs down. 

I've changed the drive belt but it's still happening.

Hope the video works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJLDVR4ep8

Cheers
Geoff
The video wouldn't play. But it sounds like it's a belt issue. I know you replaced it, but could you have gotten a bum belly? It's possible that the bearings or motor could be going bad. But what you're describing is most commonly caused by belt slippage.

Can you try again to secure the correct shari ng URL for the YouTube video? Thanks
Thanks Rick
Video was set to private, I have changed it so you should be able to see it now.
The cimex was working normally and at the end of a big job just bogged down.
If the bowl stops spinning but the motor continues to spin (you can take off the yellow hood and look at the top fan on the motor to see if it is spinning when the bowl stops) , then you have a belt slipping issue. It seems though from the video that everything stops spinning. This would indicate that your motor is going bad or that you have an issue with the power cord possibly having an internal break. You could first try to replace the cord with a 14 gauge good quality cord (no longer than 50 ft or 15 meters) and make sure the cord is plugged into a strong circuit and see if that helps. If that doesn't do the trick then it may simply be time to replace the motor on her.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
And that's why Rod gets paid the big bucks around here Wink
Just an update. I pulled the cover off and had a look at the capacitor on the outside of the motor. It was leaking a fair bit of smelly liquid and was obviously past it's use by date.
Replacement part $40 and we're back on the road running like new!!
Thanks