• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush or pad
For some reason I remember I remember a post about this but I can't find it so I'm going to ask anyway. I have a church I'm cleaning and it's stained mostly foot traffic but I'd like to know the difference between both the pads and brush and what you figure I should use. It's 2000 + feet. Haven't seen it.
Go to main page...Excellent Supply and read up on the differences and search here. Footwork
A FiberPlus pad is a much better device for shampoo/scrubbing than a shampoo brush. Brush bristles become lubricated and they bend over sideways under the weight of the machine. So you end up cleaning with the sides of slippery bristles. By comparison, the FiberPlus pads make full contact with the carpet pile. There's much more solid contact with the carpet surface. That produces significantly better agitation. Picture scrubbing a filthy pan with a brush, or with one of those kitchen scrub pads (you can easily get the point, the pad scrubs better). On the surface it would appear that a brush might be better, in reality it is not as effective. But try it for yourself to see. Compare them side by side on the carpet. It will take no time at all to see how the pad cleans better than the brush. 

There's an additional advantage to pads over brushes: Pads dispense the detergent more evenly! The brushes shower the juice through the bristles in an uneven manner. The pads disperse the juice very smoothly, kind of like a sponge. This enables you to work faster and with better results, because the solution is being applied more consistently. And you will be able to use less detergent to clean the carpet, saving you money, and enabling the carpet to dry faster too.

When you stack them side by side and compare the differences, the pads come out a pretty clear winner.
Thanks rick, Now I have to by a couple cases and more juice!