• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embarrassing Situation....
    It does sound like fiber distortion.  I cleaned a place the other day and ran into the same problem. You just have to let them know upfront that you will do the best you can. I carry a article with us about pile distortion so that the customer can see that it is not something that I am making up.

You could try a two method process to see if that would have worked. First steam clean it ( In my case I use a Vonschrader LMX) and then apply your encap solution and go back over it with your rotary.

I personally prefer cotton pads over microfiber with a rotary. If I had an OP machine I think that the microfiber pads would preform better.  Hope this helps.
(10-16-2015, 07:03 AM)MikeHabib Wrote:     It does sound like fiber distortion.  I cleaned a place the other day and ran into the same problem. You just have to let them know upfront that you will do the best you can. I carry a article with us about pile distortion so that the customer can see that it is not something that I am making up.

You could try a two method process to see if that would have worked. First steam clean it ( In my case I use a Vonschrader LMX) and then apply your encap solution and go back over it with your rotary.

I personally prefer cotton pads over microfiber with a rotary. If I had an OP machine I think that the microfiber pads would preform better.  Hope this helps.

Unfortunally i do not have a Steam cleaner. I only have a small spotting machine and as a last try some compound which i could try.
(10-14-2015, 04:21 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: Things should go much better when you have the 175!
There is no shame in going back and trying again.
Traffic lanes are a bit much for a CBR alone in my opinion.

I echo what Lee said. A CRB is up against tough odds if a traffic lane is really bad. Traffic lanes can have crushes and matted pile that's totally loaded up with soil. I've recently compared a CRB next to the Vario on 18 year old ABUSED carpet. The orbital action of the Vario with MicroBeast bonnets was much more effective. Likewise, your 175 rotary should pull a bigger punch in a hammered traffic lane than a CRB on a heavily soiled traffic lane.

Don't be embarrassed though. They're the ones who neglected their carpet. If anyone should be embarrassed it's them. You're cleaning a textile. And like any other textile it can become so soiled that restoring the carpet to a perfect condition would be hopeless. If they're expecting a miracle to produce perfection, you may not be able to make them happy. That being said, a rotary, orbital, or Cimex will go a long way toward improving things.

This is the carpet i am "fighting" with. You see the traffic lanes and this is after cleaning with the CRB.

As i have written i will give Punch and DS2 with the rotary a try cause HydrOx could not handle the soil.
If you run your Superzorbs under the rotary and they come back clean, or very light gray, you've done all you can do. You certainly can't clean "wear" out of the carpet. If your pads come back black or very dark, keep extracting.
(10-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: If you run your Superzorbs under the rotary and they come back clean, or very light gray, you've done all you can do. You certainly can't clean "wear" out of the carpet. If your pads come back black or very dark, keep extracting.

Thats what happenend. I used Microfiber Pads and as a finish the SuperZorbs. But they only get a bit brown of "normal" soil, not really dirty as you could have expected when you see the traffic lanes.