• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP cleaning Oriental Rugs?
OP cleaned my first Oriental Rugs today with my new OP machine, I had a few problems, The 1st was the runner in the hall kept moving into the wall as I was cleaning it, And the second was the corners of the rugs folding up when I got close to them. I was hoping that a OP pro could give me some advise? Thanks!
Hi Mark ,

Running a Op machine or a rotary on an area rug is very difficult because of the reasons you just listed. I use an Oreck Orbitor on them. Because of the size of the Oreck , it is easier to control.
You can get one on CL for about $300.
Never had much luck cleaning any rugs with an op due to what you have described .

On the other hand, I clean rugs as small as car floor mats with my Cimex.

Only ones I have problems with are the very loose woven cotton mats.

This still does not help you though with your op. sorry.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to get a Oreck Orbiter! any suggestions on brushes, pads, or if I need to get a pad driver for it?
Whatever you do, do NOT staple the edges down. If you do staple them down, make SURE the family cat isn't underneath.
If the family cat is underneath, for Heaven's sake don't stomp the lump flat. If you do stomp it flat, don't promise that you can get the stains out.
It you do promise to get the stains out, make sure you have a yellow van...
With Respect,
Stephen
I agree with Stephen!

I think!
Actually, A few years ago I installed a carpet, and then noticed a bump in the middle, I did not want to rip it back up so I got my
rubber mallot out and kept hitting it till it was flat! when I was leaving the mother came out to my truck and asked if I had seen there pet bird that got loose and now they cant find him
: )
I KNEW I'd seen you somewhere before Mark. !!!!!

Please tell me again, how DO you get rid of those re-appearing stains??

https://youtu.be/bI7vSYKp8vI

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Too funny!
Just to be clear, That is just a old carpet installer joke,