• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stain removal order
Just a quickie. When doing a main uncap clean and encounter heavy staining, Is it best to deal with those first with a small extractor? I had a particularly tricky stain today that didn't lift with uncap/pads no matter how many passes and spotter were used. Wondering if it would have been more effective if I treat it first?
Also when extracting contamination areas like urine, vomit etc, do you need to wait for that to dry before encapping or can you uncap over the top whilst still damp?

many thanks Smile
Normally most spots/stains on a commercial carpet can be treated with a spotting product and then blotted thoroughly with a towel. By blotting it up with a towel you can typically avoid needing to extract, and you can simply uncap like normal.

An even better variation is to go behind your "Specialty Spotter" with Encap-Spot. First treat the with the "Specialty Spotter". Blot up as much of the spotter as you possibly can with a towel. Then follow up with a liberal application of Encap-Spot. Blot up the Encap-SPot with a towel. Baddabing that's all you need; it's like having a spotting extractor in a bottle.

No, you won't need for extracted areas to dry before encapping like normal. Just proceed like normal over the extracted section of carpet.
Thanks for clarifying that. This was on a residential wool fibre and made me ponder the correct order. I think what was left was dye based staining in the fibres.
(10-23-2015, 08:44 PM)encapman Wrote: Normally most spots/stains on a commercial carpet can be treated with a spotting product and then blotted thoroughly with a towel. By blotting it up with a towel you can typically avoid needing to extract, and you can simply uncap like normal.

An even better variation is to go behind your "Specialty Spotter" with Encap-Spot. First treat the with the "Specialty Spotter". Blot up as much of the spotter as you possibly can with a towel. Then follow up with a liberal application of Encap-Spot. Blot up the Encap-SPot with a towel. Baddabing that's all you need; it's like having a spotting extractor in a bottle.

No, you won't need for extracted areas to dry before encasing like normal. Just proceed like normal over the extracted section of carpet.

Can i use a strong dilution of DS2 in the same way as Encap Spot...as an spotting extractor in a bottle, i.e. after using P.O.G. i blot the spot with a strong dilution of DS2 and don't need to use the extractor?
Using a strong dilution of DS2 for spot cleaning will not be as effective as Encap-Spot on more challenging spots. But for the majority of spots - DS2 will do a good job for you.