• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brown wood/ furniture spots...
A customer called me cause of some spots on their light carpet. They have a water bed and the water went through a wooden board on the carpet and made some little brown spots.

The wooden board is not lacquered.

How would you handle these kind of spots ?
Stain Magic. If that doesn't work, hit it with Red Relief. If that neither of those work - it's there to stay. Under-promise.
I have good success with these actually using a rust remover for carpet
Thanks for your replies. Red Relief is not available for me. I have a kind of Stain Magic. A two part product with Peroxide and Activator. I could try it...or with a Rust remover! I did not think about it. Good advice. Thanks!
Another tip for furniture marks.   Try to find out what is on the bottom to determine what caused stain.  Brown from wood stain will not come out with acid. Acid only removes marks from rust from metal tacks on bottom of chairs. Acid will set wood stain marks more.

Wood stain may loosen by using a product like a gel solvent first---lots of dwell time and agitation with a plastic tool. And then use a dye remover.
After a solvent product then an oxygen product or stain magic which is peroxide and ammonia with a steamer only on stained fibers----research the web for products and technics
This can remove color from the carpet so only practice will help prevent doing more damage then good.
(10-31-2015, 12:26 PM)Joel Hoppe Wrote: Another tip for furniture marks.   Try to find out what is on the bottom to determine what caused stain.  Brown from wood stain will not come out with acid. Acid only removes marks from rust from metal tacks on bottom of chairs. Acid will set wood stain marks more.

Wood stain may loosen by using a product like a gel solvent first---lots of dwell time and agitation with a plastic tool. And then use a dye remover.
After a solvent product then an oxygen product or stain magic which is peroxide and ammonia with a steamer only on stained fibers----research the web for products and technics
This can remove color from the carpet so only practice will help prevent doing more damage then good.

Thanks Joel. I will research the web for some technics. You gave me some good points to think about how to handle these wood stains.
I once did a job that had furniture stains and I was not able to remove them.
(10-31-2015, 12:26 PM)Joel Hoppe Wrote: Another tip for furniture marks.   Try to find out what is on the bottom to determine what caused stain.  Brown from wood stain will not come out with acid. Acid only removes marks from rust from metal tacks on bottom of chairs. Acid will set wood stain marks more.

I can´t get stain magic here. What do you think about using peroxide and ammonia? I have peroxide with 35 % and ammonia with 9,5 % and could use it as my "homemade" stain magic. Would use it in different bottles dropping it with a pipette or a cotton swab, agitate a bit with a plastic tool or brush- then rins with cold water.

Could the "homemade" stain magic be a alternative?
Could the "homemade" stain magic be a alternative?
[/quote]

I do not know
You will have to test.
The products from CTI like stain magic and red relief have other things in them like buffering agents so straight mix may work or may not. The problem with wood stain is removing it from some fibers takes time and not always a super strong chem. Mixing your own product will take a lot of experimenting on some other carpet to see what is safe for fibers.

Look for any product near you that is labeled for dye removal.