• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotovac 360i
Hi all, I’m chasing some information on encapsulation cleaning &/or bonnet cleaning using a Rotovac 360i.

I currently have a client that has in excess of 80 townhouses, spread over five different buildings.

These buildings are generally three stories high, some more, some only two levels, all built above the car park.
The top levels are all town houses of either two bedrooms or three bedrooms with a study.
All lower level condos are either two or three bedroom.

These are all vacuumed daily by in-house cleaners.
It’s only the town houses that I’m concerned with as they all have these very narrow timber stairs with a sharp 90degree turn both at the top and the bottom.
As you can see by the pics, the Cimex is a tight fit to manoeuvre around where the stairs angle.
The shoe is to give an idea of step size.

Not impossible, but after taking it up three flights, well, let’s just say I’m not getting any younger.
I was looking at using my 360i due to its light weight, ONLY IF IT’S PRACTICAL.
I look forward to any dialogue in this respect.

Ta,

[Image: 20151030_100559_zpswpr7g9uc.jpg]

[Image: 20151030_100609_zpshcyuj5bj.jpg]

[Image: 20151030_104350_zpsut4ks6gv.jpg]

[Image: 20151030_104434_zps1itww0y7.jpg]

[Image: 20151030_104710_zpsbbayjlsi.jpg]
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
No freight elevator?
With Respect,
Stephen
That looks real scary Shorty. Hate to end a career on that job.
Think you need a young strong helper to move the Cimex!
Under local council by-laws, condos up to three levels high do not require an elevator.

Many on the upper level are made into a townhouse with bedrooms and bathroom on the uppermost level.

I've done many condos with stairs, most with the 90degree bend, but some are getting very narrow & not much room to swing the machine at the bottom.

I generally have to twist it from the second step and lower it down in the air.

I do have the Rotovac 360i & also an Oreck XL.

Only problem with the Oreck is that (at present) it has no wheels, something that I will be working on to rectify.

I like the extra weight of the Rotovac + it has wheels, well TINY WHEELS but nonetheless, at least I can roll it across the floor.

I'll use my OmniPro for pre-spraying.

Think you need a young strong helper to move the Cimex!

Excuse me, Tongue  I'm still young, well, sort of, Blush I have no problem lifting weights up to about 250lb.

Big Grin Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Shorty,

An Oreck Orbitor does not weight that much and in my opinion would do a much better job than a 360I.
I agree with Mike. The little Oreck Orbiter can be used for full on cleaning. I've actually used it in a house that we used to own that had a ladder going up to a loft. Worked fine. You just need to plan to spend some extra time. It's a bit slower. But you can coax the dirt out with that little guy if you take your time with it.
I even put an extra round 5lb weight on my Oreck.
I little velcro helps keep it in place!
With the Oreck, did you use pads or bonnets.

Thanks for the replies.

Cool
I use two different kinds. First the ones that Oreck sells and the second are the stripped ones that I purchased from Jon Don.

I am going to try Microfiber pads because anyone who uses an orbital machine say's that they work the best for soil extraction.

You will be amazed with the Orbitor. Great machine !
I have a couple of different bonnets, plus a few pads.

I also have my old weights that I used to use when scuba diving back in the '60's. Blush 

Nice & flat, they would sit on there nicely, I think. Huh 

Will give it a run at home this week-end.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Oreck it will be.

Now to fit MEDIUM wheels to it.  Tongue