• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad story, happy ending
Last Friday I took my elves to clean a residential carpet. We did the usual prep, decluttering, vacuuming, moved furniture and decided to use DS2, then rinse and extract the soil with a self contained machine.

Well, the brush bearings failed and our machine only sucked the rinse water halfheartedly. The carpet was damp, but we didn't notice. BIG mistake.

By Sunday, the carpet in the living room smelled musty. There was one place an old oily dog must have favored, because it smelled like laundry. So Monday I went back and laid down a good misting of oder killer. It helped, but the customer still smelled that musty smell.

Today I went back and did the living room all over. This time I used Hydrocide, as some stains had come back up, mixing it a bit strong. I douched the dog-stinky area and ran my CRB over the room three times, the second and third time for recovery of a second (rinse-free mechanical) application of Hydrocide. In short, I toasted it.

Then I turned on three fans and plunked my butt down until it was all dry enough to post vacuum, after which I left. The carpet looks and smells clean and fresh. I sure hope it stays that way this time!!

Moral: Do what you must to make it right. Have confidence in your Releasit products and be aggressive. Happy hunting, gang!
With Respect,
Stephen
Stephen did you mean "Hydrox" instead of "Hydrocide"?
Or is Hydrocide a mix of Hydrox and Odorcide?
Or is there something new I don't know about ???
Aha! Good eye, Lee. Yes, Hydrox. Hydrocide is a product similar to Odercide, marketed by Bridgepoint. Just happens to be sold by my local chemical pimp.

The Hydrox really creamed those spots and dingy areas that had wicked back up. In addition, the peroxide seems to go a long way towards odor control, which was sorely needed.
With Respect,
Stephen
In residential Hydrox is my "go to" product also.
It just works !