• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Pumpkin spot....
Another challenge....does anybody have experience with pumpkin spot on syntehtic carpet. A customer called me and wants me to look for it tomorrow.

The pumpkin felt down during a holiday trip. As the homeowner went back out of the holdiday it smelled horrible and they found a orange spot on their anthracite carpet.

i thought of using a bit of the HydrOx spot dilution. Work in and let dwell and then extract it.

What do you think?
Yes, Encap-HydrOx would be a good choice.
Short Info to the pumpkin spot...it was one (!) year old...they tried to remove it with carpet shampoo and a hand brush.

The pile was distored and a white spot on the floor. Decided to rinse first with extractor...took me 1/2 hour! Never have seen so much shampoo...looked like butter in the tank!!! No chance to get the stain out. The shampoo they used bleached the pile.
I'm no expert, but it is always wise to let the customer know a few things:

1.  Spots usually come out or are much better.
2. Spots often do not come out.  Those are "stains."
3. Whether a spot comes out depends greatly on what it is, how long it has been there and *what has already been used to try to remove it.*  Often, remedies only lock them in harder.
4.  Sometimes spots come out, but they have already stripped the dye OFF the fiber, so it will look bleached.  
5.  The  stuff you use cannot and will not harm the fiber or the color.

Then I ask "Are you comfortable with all that?  Do you want me to go ahead and do all that I can to make it look good?"

I do not pretend to understand German customers, but American customers like to know what they will be getting.  It can be important to get them to agree that you are promising your best work, NOT PERFECTION.
Most people just want to know they are getting what we call "their money's worth."

Good luck!
With Respect,
Stephen
(11-14-2015, 12:31 PM)Act One Cleaning Wrote: I'm no expert, but it is always wise to let the customer know a few things:

1.  Spots usually come out or are much better.
2. Spots often do not come out.  Those are "stains."
3. Whether a spot comes out depends greatly on what it is, how long it has been there and *what has already been used to try to remove it.*  Often, remedies only lock them in harder.
4.  Sometimes spots come out, but they have already stripped the dye OFF the fiber, so it will look bleached.  
5.  The  stuff you use cannot and will not harm the fiber or the color.

Then I ask "Are you comfortable with all that?  Do you want me to go ahead and do all that I can to make it look good?"

I do not pretend to understand German customers, but American customers like to know what they will be getting.  It can be important to get them to agree that you are promising your best work, NOT PERFECTION.
Most people just want to know they are getting what we call "their money's worth."

Good luck!

Thank you Stephen. Yes, i never promise something except of doing my best. Thats what my customer see...i always give my best and work hard. I try a lot on customers carpet so that they have the feeling..."if he Is not able to get the stain out...no one can get it out"....and i still have to learn a lot.

I always try to teach them to see the difference between stain and spot. I ask what they did with the spot and what they expect as the result. If they say "i expect a carpet like new"...i say "OK, than you have to buy a new one. I don't sell carpets,sorry, i just try to help you to get cleaner and fresher carpets".

Most customer smile...and say..."ok, of course it can not be like new just give your best".

Than i can start doing my job...