• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encap Cleaning Advice Request: Coffee Shop
Hello Guys. In an attempt to accelerate my learning curve, I have been reading the blog history. This is my first post.

I am putting a quote together for a local coffee house chain. They have four locations with combination flooring material (e.g. vct, ceramic tile, and commercial glue down). As you can imagine, the medium tone, brown, commercial glue down has lots of coffee stains. What solutions and equipment should I use to clean this carpet? Additionally, how would you price the service? The carpeted area in these shops range from 500-800 sf.

There will be an advantage given to the company that does carpets and vtc. I have no experience with cleaning, stripping and waxing vtc, but am considering purchasing a used high speed buffer for this purpose. Does anyone do a combination service that would be willing to give some insight? How would I charge for the vtc service? At this point, the vtc would need to be stripped and re-waxed.

Currently, I have a few equipment options to choose from: Truckmount, Cimex, BrushEncap and Vario but would like to service this account with Encap. I've used the BrushEncap primarily to agitate pre-spray with my HWE cleaning. I've used the Cimex on some abused, neglected and soil impacted commercial glue down to manage the wicking. To this point, I only played around with the Vario. I'm looking to transition from HWE to Encap.

Thanks in advance.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You don't need a high speed buffer to strip. It's used to shine up the wax after dried and maintain the shine and clean up scuff marks. JMO!
Encap-HydrOx will work great on the coffee spills. That's the one I'd suggest.

You can learn to strip and recoat vct, it's not all that hard.
1. Apply a plentiful amount of diluted stripper to the floor.
2. With Lightning Strip pads on your Cimex, scrub the floor. Dispense plain water as us rub the floor.
3. Wet Vac the floor. And rinse the floor thoroughly.
4. After the floor is dry, apply 4 coats of a good quality floor finish.

That's the simplified explanation. Time and practice will be invaluable. But with a little time on the floor, you'll be up to speed in no time. I agree, taking all of the floor surfaces is essential. That's why we always offered floor& carpet care in our cleaning business. Otherwise your competition will wipe the floor with you (pun intended).
Clean the commercial carpet with cimex. Use D/S2 or Hydrox. Do not over wet. Spills will come up. Depends on where you live for pricing. I would price for me at .18 sq ft on carpet. $90 for 500 sq ft. I have gone as high as .25 on Chinese.  Look at this pic with food & drink spills from a Pizza Hut I cleaned. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52744924@N...res/u3494G

Clean tile floors you need a 175 for stripping. Also wet vac to pick up sloppy old wax. You could use a helper too.
In my area floor stripping & waxing starts at $1.25 sq ft. You have to allow payment for time for drying floor after stripping and in between each coat of finish except the last one you lay down you're out the door. 
Look at this link for some help. 

http://www.cleanfreak.com/how-to/stripping-a-floor.html