• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot jets
Being a new orbot user I'm slowly getting to grips with how it likes to run best. One thing I can't get my head around is the flow from the jets although it may be my technique. I typical overlap passes by half as you would when wanding a carpet with an extractor. I find when done however that carpets are pretty damp even on lowest flow setting on the control valve. Does anybody use different jet sizes on theirs or only overlap a small amount on passes?

Cheers!
What we do, and what we recommend, is to walk fast on the wet-pass - and then make a slower dry-pass. The wet-pass is like your pre-spray pass, and the dry-pass is your cleaning pass. This technique works really well with the Vario, Orbot, Cimex, etc. Give it a try and I think it will sort out your moisture issue and improve the level of your cleaning.
Thanks. Have been going pretty quick but find some carpet types grip too much to get a speed on. Would this be the time to grab out those gliders?
If the carpet has too much grip, or if the bonnet is tending to roll up, a glider can help.
Another option is to modify your Orbot to use only one sprayer and use the following spray tip.
http://agrimart.net/ai-teejet-air-induct...-tip-blue/
This tip produces about 60% the amount of liquid the two spray system does.
I have done this to my Orbot and like it.  
It does require you to go slower but  dry times are much less.
Not to be be tooting our own horn, but I've gotta say that we tested the Vario sprayer a lot to establish a good flow rate. The jet size, pump size, and the angle of the spray-bar all were considered. And I think we nailed it. It delivers enough solution to work fast, without over-wetting the carpet. It's a nice balance! It really seems to be spot on.

Regarding the Orbot... As Lee mentioned above, you may just want to experiment a little. I'm sure you can probably get it sorted out with a few tweaks. Wishing you success!