• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Sprayers
Considering updating to a battery sprayer for my encapping solution (unless I get the hang of my water tank on the Taski).
- Would prefer a sprayer that can be wheeled in or carried depending on the size of the job.
- What do others use and what are the pros and cons of different sprayers?
- Do any battery sprayers have a power indicator to warn of impending battery loss?

Cammo
i use a Hudson battery powered sprayer that I purchased at Northern Tool for $119. Haven't had it that long, but so far, no problems. It's a backpack sprayer, and it's very comfortable to me because my son does the prespraying, so he wears it. Smile

It will run 8-10 hours on a charge, and we charge it after each use. I really wanted a Penguin sprayer but couldn't afford it at the time. Hope this helps.
EDIT TO POST: Recommendation for this product removed.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carpet-Cleaning-Sprayer-2012-Model-Bigger-Pump-/160905796636?pt=AU_Housekeeping&hash=item2576bb9c1c#ht_1965wt_1057

Cheers

Jamie
I use a corded Multi-Sprayer.

While there advantages for sure to a battery sprayer, the corded is lighter and the psi is stronger - in the case of Multi-Sprayer at least.

Going from a pump up sprayer to an electric sprayer is a real game changer! Not only is it faster - as mentioned above - but you're far more consistent with how much pre-spray you lay down. We're using less cleaning solution per job as a result.

One thing I've noticed though (and this is the case regardless of sprayer type) is that the chem seems to bounce off the carpet when you are pre-spraying CGD. Could be my imagination, but this is what I see.

In the case of commercial carpet I do wonder if a shower type feed system would be better.
Sorry Rick didn't know you sold the battery sprayer, I wouldn't have posted that link otherwise.

Cheers

Jamie
No worries Jamie. If it helps someone that's what counts here.
Hi Jamie
Thanks for the info.
Could you tell me how long the battery charge lasts and how to know when to charge as there doesn't appear to be a gauge. What is your normal practice if using it all day?
Thanks
Cammo
Hey Cammo,

I have to say there doesn't appear to be a way to know if it is running low on battery that I have seen. Having said that, at this point it hasn't run out on me yet. I do make sure I take the charger with me and if I'm worried I'll plug it in as soon as I arrive on a job whilst I get the equipment out. Haven't had a worry yet.

How are you going with the shampoo tank? Any improvement?
Hi Jamie
Battery life is my biggest concern, so if I was to buy this sprayer, I would probably put it on charge each night. Maybe other users may know the length of charge?
As for my sprayer tank - I tried it at home today and am still not happy with the volume of discharge. I cleaned 2 rooms each about 13m2 and used 3-3.5 litres in each. The bedroom dried fairly quick (1-2 hours), but the lounge was still damp about 6 hours later, so I put my blower to work. The lounge carpet is a polyproplene, so I understand less moisture is best, but I couldn't control it any better.
I was doing a wet pass (with the trigger on all the way), left to right, then a dry pass back over the same area berfore then dropping down to overlap by about 50% followed again by a dry pass.
Whilst I would normally only use about 2 litres per average size room, I'm concerned that the extra amount applied left 1 room so wet for so long (windows open, warm day).
My thoughts are that if I put a restrictor in the hose the discharge would reduce making it easier to control?
Cammo
My advise would be to let off the trigger sooner. Instead of putting to much down why not try not putting enough and then find the sweet spot. As they say this ain't brain surgery. although I may need that.

Just my opinion

Pete
Hey Cammo,

it doesn't sound like you've had a chance to read my reply on the "Sprayer or Solution Tank" thread. I put a big long post about trigger technique there for you ie: feathering the trigger
Have a read cause holding the trigger on full is not working for you.

Cheers mate

Jamie
I checked out the penguin and the mytee boss. After much research I settled on the 5 gallon rocket sprayer. Works great. Easy to maintain. Holds a charge for a long time. Easy to move (big wheels). Drawback is the hose and wand. Its designed for herbicide/pesticide use, so a little adjustment is necessary.

I've heard nothing but good things from the penguin and the mytee though.
I'm glad this thread came up again.

I would like to take the opportunity to formally retract my recommendation for the battery operated sprayer that I listed above.

2 units sent and neither work, the 1st lasted 2 weeks and 2nd replacement didn't work at all. Now I'm having to have a PayPal dispute because he has chosen the unprofessional route and will not do anything about it.

I am embarrassed that I recommended this item and I chose to go down the cheap path on this item. That was stupid, but hey you live & learn and I know I'm probably not the first to do it & probably not the last. But I have learnt.

Rick, how much would the shipping be for one of your Penguin Sprayers to Oz? It may or may not be feasible but I would like to know, so I can make an informed decision.

Cheers gents

Jamie
I really like the Penguin sprayer. Its durable, it works great, its worth purchasing if thats something you need in your tool box. It has been upgraded totally. I use mine to heat water with bucket heater inside. Transfer water from sprayer to cimex tank. Comes with quick snap on tips for upholstery cleaning and carpet cleaning .

But most of all you will get the very best of customer service from Sal Muscarella and the MasterClean team. They will bend over backwards to help you with anything you may need. AWESOME customer service!!!
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.
I use pressure pot point sprayers.It is best for weekend painters.It is high volume and low pressure sprayer.It has more accuracy and low cost which make it suitable for the large or small painting jobs.