• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUPERZORB vs the Micro Glide or the beast
OK just wondering will the SZ pull more soil out , say in residential setting IE carpet with pad? I had a NASTY white berber today it looked great as i was cleaning. But after a few minutes it was turning dark. I was only doing one room so i had time try things. But after i scrubbed it good i hooked up the TM and rinsed it. It turned white again. I'm trying to do more pad capping , op, cleaning in some homes and apts. I just bought a Vario liking it so far.
Hi Ades
My advice is to experiment. On a Berber you probably could've used the MicroBeast bonnets. Normally those are for commercial carpet, but a Berber, especially if it is olefin, is another animal altogether. The MicroBeast bonnets cut through dirt like crazy. The MicroGlide bonnets are ideal for residential carpet. The SZ bonnets are good for residential too. I find the SZ and the MG bonnets to be similar to each other. That's the cool thing about this method, you can mix it up a little and try different bonnets in different scenarios. As a rule though, microfiber bonnets do a pretty decent job across the board for most settings.

P.S. Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Vario. It's fun to use isn't it? Makes life easier than running a Truckmount. And for a lot of carpets it can get the job done satisfactorily. I think that on a heavily soiled residential carpet you may still want to run your Truckmount. But I think you may be surprised how much mileage you can get out of the Vario.
Will carpet with padding cause the pad to roll up under pad driver?
Yes sometimes that can occur. To make it run more smoothly on a carpet with padding, here are two suggestions:
1.  You can remove the weights from the Vario (they're attached with strong velcro, so you can gently pry them off).  
2. Also, make sure to use 21" bonnets on the machine. Technically speaking, you could use 19" bonnets. But the 21" bonnets are a better fit and will stay positioned under the machine better than 19" bonnets.

These two adjustments should help minimize pad roll that may occasionally occur on some thicker/padded carpet.
ok thanks i'll give it a try, i do have the 21" pads. Other then the padding should the weights be used all the time?
Yes, in most cases the weights help to give a bit more agitation. Some carpets seem to have more "grip" than average, in which case you could remove the weights too.
I have some 15" Tuway bonnets that i used on my rx20 , I ran one on the Vario the other day just to see what it would do. It stayed under it, ran good and picked up a lot of soil.
The Tuway Thin One bonnets are very good bonnets. They are are another option for the Vario!