• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex spinning then stopping
had a commercial job today.  The cimex would not glide over the rug smoothly.  It would actually stop moving but I could still see motor running. I called and Rob told me to clean out  the plugs and I did, still sticking.  The carpet is carpet squares with smooth texture to it.  Is it possible that this the of carpet is making it stick.  The machine is only 1.5 years old and not used too much.
thanks for any input. 
Brad
The belt is slipping. Sounds like it's time for a belt replacement. It's not the texture of the carpet, or any other factor. A new belt will fix it.

By the way, belt slippage often increases when the weather gets colder, since the metal contracts a little and the belt becomes a little bit stiffer. So if there are any limitations with the belt that are beginning to develop, slippage will show up more prominently in colder months.

Replacing the belt will put you back in business again.
When you replace your belt you can also hit the center pulley that the belt runs on with some sand paper or emery cloth to get the belt to bite a little better and help prevent slipping in the future.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
Is something I can do myself or do I have to take it somewhere 
Thanks and Merry Christmas 
Brad
It's a pretty easy do it yourself repair. We can walk you through it when you place your order, and if you have any questions actually doing it we can help you then too.
Thanks Rick
I just ordered it 
Brad
Kewl Beans Smile

Let us know if you run into any trouble, and we can help you get it set up.
But it's really pretty simple. Nearly as simple as putting a chain on a bicycle.
Sometimes that has happen to me with NEW pads , i just take some of the load off the head and once the pads get damp no problem after that.
Ades makes a good point. It's good to ALWAYS, press down on the handle to take a little bit of weight off the head EVERY TIME you start up the machine. Then as you take your first couple of steps, as the head starts spinning, gently ease the head back onto the carpet. This helps to prolong the belt life.
Ades, when I put on new pads, I generally dip them in the solution tank,  hold them above the solution level to let most drain, then let them drain into a bucket for a couple of minutes.

This loads the solution into the pad, but without dripping everywhere, & I have no problem when starting a new set of pads.

As Rick said, ALWAYS lift the head prior to starting, it only needs to be raised slightly.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(12-24-2015, 12:02 AM)encapman Wrote: Kewl Beans Smile

Let us know if you run into any trouble, and we can help you get it set up.
But it's really pretty simple. Nearly as simple as putting a chain on a bicycle.

Rick  I have it apart and am trying to put the belt back on but having trouble fitting it over the wheel.  I know it is suppose to be a tight but I don't want to break the belt.  Any suggestions how to ease it over the last wheel or I can call you tomorrow morning
thanks
Brad
Picture putting a chain onto a bicycle. You put it onto one sprocket and then work it onto the main sprocket. Similar with the belt installation.

1. Put the belt around the center spindle first.
2. Then wrap the belt around two of the pulleys.
3. Finish up by creeping the belt onto the third pulley.
3B. That's done by gently rotating the pulley assembly.

NOTE: It is a very tight fit! So expect some resistance. But don't worry, it's intended to be tight.
CAUTION: Keep your fingers out of the way. If you get your finger between the belt and the pulley it will injure you (it's that tight).

If you have any problems give us a call at the office and we can walk you through it.
Just cant get it to fit in place Rick.  I know it was be easy and i'm and idiot but maybe someone can walk me thru it.
thanks
brad
Hi Brad,

Rod is our best person who can help you with this. He's our resident machine guru.
If you need a little assistance, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the new belt installed.