• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on my online scheduling I am adding
http://flooringmaine.com/quote/

Still tweaking but would love feedback!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I don't see any reference to carpet??

Shorty
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(01-10-2016, 05:27 PM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: I don't see any reference to carpet??

Shorty
Checking now. Now it is attached to my main site btw.

(01-10-2016, 05:27 PM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: I don't see any reference to carpet??

Shorty
Sorry. I had it attached to a dummy sire while it is being updated. Once om my site it will be obvious. Thank you

From the residential button, I'm only seeing the option for tile and grout, and furniture.

From the commercial button I see that the price per sq ft is a solid 20 cents per sq ft, regardless of the square footage selected. It also doesn't go beyond 5,000 sq ft. That seems like a dangerously narrow strategy. What if there was a 6,000 sq ft account? Would you take it? What if it were 12,000 sq ft? What if it was 20,000 sq ft? While we are on it, is there a discount for larger sized buildings?

The way I always priced commercial work was to have a sliding scale. Small accounts around 1,000 sq ft would be 20 cents per sq ft or higher. But as the account gets larger, I would scale back the price gradually. For example a 50,000 sq ft building is certainly not going to pay 20 cents per sq ft. They might even go as slow as 7 cents per sq ft. Additionally, I always wanted to factor in the potential for how challenging the account is to clean. Is there a lot of stuff to work around, is there easy access to water, is there easy entry to the area being cleaned, what is the condition of the carpet, will this be a 1 time cleaning - or is it going to be on a regular maintenance program, do they have multiple locations that I will be able to clean, does any section need restorative cleaning - or can I encap the whole thing, is this customer a pleasure to work with - or are they difficult? All of those factors - and a whole lot more go into the price per sq ft that I eventually decide upon.
I always like to do a full carpet inspection with the prospect. Measure the carpet. Inspect the carpet. Discuss the condition of the carpet. Evaluate their needs. And then like any good doctor, prescribe a program of care for their carpet. By doing this, I differentiate myself from every other guy in town who simply writes their price on the back of their business card and hopes to land the account. By being on top of helping them come up with a strategy to maintain their carpet demonstrates that we care. This approach has been very helpful for us as we develop new accounts. I fear that all of that gets lost when the prospect simply fills out a price quote inquiry.
(01-11-2016, 07:47 AM)encapman Wrote: I always like to do a full carpet inspection with the prospect. Measure the carpet. Inspect the carpet. Discuss the condition of the carpet. Evaluate their needs. And then like any good doctor, prescribe a program of care for their carpet. By doing this, I differentiate myself from every other guy in town who simply writes their price on the back of their business card and hopes to land the account. By being on top of helping them come up with a strategy to maintain their carpet it demonstrates that we care. This approach has been very helpful for us as we develop new accounts. I fear that all of that gets lost when the prospect simply fills out a price quote inquiry.
That actually makes sense. I think I will make some changes to the commercial end of it. Great ideas. Thank you Rick