• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex vs 175 Rotary Machine
How many of you guys do some TEST spots on commercial carpet before setting the appointment?
Look for the worse spots & test. Show the customer what to expect. Mix solution in a small spray bottle
& use a hand brush then wipe with micro fiber cloth. ALWAYS DO TEST SPOTS ! That carpet above was abused real bad so you can't get perfect results. It has tons of ware in it. 
(11-05-2016, 02:00 PM)Charles Wrote: How many of you guys do some TEST spots on commercial carpet before setting the appointment?
Look for the worse spots & test. Show the customer what to expect. Mix solution in a small spray bottle
& use a hand brush then wipe with micro fiber cloth. ALWAYS DO TEST SPOTS ! That carpet above was abused real bad so you can't get perfect results. It has tons of ware in it. 

Charles is right! I do it every time. I always test the bad areas with a brush and towell and see what is possible... I feel better when i see some test results and explain the customer what is possible or won't come out.
What dilution do you use for these test spots? and do you use DS2 for this or other?
Any encap will work. I use DS2 if I have it and maybe about 4-6 oz and fill bottle 3/4 with water. Spray down on spots & work it in and it will do it's job. 
Yes, 4 - 6 oz to a quart spray bottle can work well for basic encap spotting.

If you'd like to try a rinse-free encap spotter that's in a league of its own - give Encap-Spot a try. You'll like it. I promise. Smile
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit..._p_74.html

Encap-Spot covers a wide range of soil types. Reduces colored stains. Counteracts odor. Doesn't require rinsing. It's downright handy to work with.
(11-10-2016, 02:27 PM)encapman Wrote: Yes, 4 - 6 oz to a quart spray bottle can work well for basic encap spotting.

If you'd like to try a rinse-free encap spotter that's in a league of its own - give Encap-Spot a try. You'll like it. I promise. Smile
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit..._p_74.html

Encap-Spot covers a wide range of soil types. Reduces colored stains. Counteracts odor. Doesn't require rinsing. It's downright handy to work with.

Thanks again.
I'm trying to sum things up a bit.
- DS2 is a good all purpose encapper. I haven't tried it in stronger dilutions than 4 oz per gallon but so far, no magic in bad/trashed ones. Really good on easy ones with some stains.
- Punch: New favourite for bad ones, did outstanding in two jobs I've done prespraying this, then Cimex with DS2.

Now, if I come across floods that left water marks, what do you use? I've tried DS2 and Punch with no luck.
How about salt/white stains on builing entrance carpets due to tough winters here. I believe DS2 didn't work.
How about urine stains?
And finally, that EncapSpotter, what it is used mainly for or just throw it at any stain and use DS2 on top when not too many spots that justify a full prespray? I am confused as to whether is better to use hydro/punch prespray or just a spotter for cleaner carpets with some stains.

Those should be my last 4 questions in this topic haha...I know you have been over hundreds of topics so you know much better what works and as important, what has worked for others.
For tough water stains use Encap-HydrOx. Knocks 'em right out. For ice melt, it's the bomb!

[Image: ice-melt-banner.jpg]

Encap-Spot is a rinse-free multi-purpose spotter. Tackles a wide range of spots/stains. Can also be used as a rinse-free step, when a more specialized spot cleaner is used (just use the specialty spotter sparingly and blot it up. Then douse and blot the spot thoroughly with Encap-Spot) It's like having a spotting extractor in a bottle.  

[Image: ENCAP-SPOT.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0]
Here is an example of just what Encap Basic can do on a filthy upholstered chair.  DS2 & Hydrox should take care of all your problems on carpet.  Look at my pics on facebook on what I have cleaned with Releasit products.
Figuring out what works on carpet is not very hard. Any Releasit encap works great. :-) 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/dccfw/posts/...e_internal
thanks, how about urine stains? Buildings I work at, there are plenty of dogs and they tend to pee on hallways and things like that. Which product is most efficient here and is it 100% effective or for this I am better off with HWE?

What would you recommend for apartments with high pile carpets? I have rarely used Cimex here, which other machine would work better that is not too expensive? or can Cimex do the same job? and would you recommend encapping a urine spot inside a house instead of washing it? (Not sure if it would be gross not to wash that inside a house)
Hot water extraction is best for urine. HWE is also ideal for the "high pile" residential carpet that you mentioned.
Encap is not a good match for urine. Bio-contaminants should be flushed from the carpet as thoroughly as possible.