• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pile Lifter???
How many of you folks use a pile lifter on a regular basis? Do you use it all the time or just when needed on tough work? What type do you use? Is it slow to use? Thanks for your thoughts!

Lee
hi Lee.

we "bought" 1 from a client...traded some work and gave them our 2 year old beat-up Dyson. anyways, after i dropped a couple hundred into it for replacement parts, i've now used it on 3 bad jobs. the little extra time to use it was well worth it...carpets looked the best they have.

ideally i wish i had the X-Vac pile lifter. but i don't, mine is a "Certified."
I LOVE LOVE LOVE using the X-Vac.

Yes, we still have some carpet cleaning accounts, even though our primary focus is Excellent Supply (it's good to keep my fingers in the cleaning too).

We find it helpful to run over the jobs with the X-Vac prior to cleaning, at least through the high traffic areas. It brings up a fair amount of dry soil, and it helps raise the crushed/matted pile making it more conducive to cleaning. I feel that it contributes to a better cleaning.
question for you Rick:

after i've ran my Pile Lifter for a half an hour, i am sweating pretty good...it gives a decent back workout, not the worst thing but ... i'm all about working smarter Wink

is the X-Vac that much "work" do you find?
I find that the X-Vac is a breeze to work with. It pulls you along. I don't try to labor it too hard.

The big motor and cylindrical brush basically propels the machine forward. In many cases a forward pass is all that's needed. In more heavily soiled sections though we'll make a forward and backward pass.
thanks!
I work up a pretty good sweat walking from the computer to the refrigerator.

Anyway, how similar is a pile lifter to a CRB? Or conversely....how dissimilar?

(10-27-2012, 06:55 PM)Derek Wrote: question for you Rick:

after i've ran my Pile Lifter for a half an hour, i am sweating pretty good...it gives a decent back workout, not the worst thing but ... i'm all about working smarter Wink

is the X-Vac that much "work" do you find?