• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Paid Job!
Today I performed my first Commercial paid encap job! I was excited!
It was approximately 1200 sf of office space.
I used a Low Boy (wish I had a Vario with wheels down, it pulled a little to the right), lite hogs hair pads, battery sprayer and an air mover.

Removed rust with a rust remover then flushed with small spotter.

I presprayed with Encap-Hydrox then sprayed in front of each wet pass. I went through almost a whole gallon of Hydrox. Mixed at 8oz per gal.
I was expecting to see a "milk mustache" after going over the carpet but I didnt. In order to achieve that I would have had to spray very heavy. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of VLM?

It came out good but I thought I could do better.
I have some pics but I get a message that says they're too large.
A gallon of Encap-HydrOx should have been able to clean a few thousand sq ft. So it sounds like you may have used it too heavily, if I understood your description clearly.

Don't expect to see much whitening on the surface when you're bonnet cleaning with an orbital or a rotary machine. Whitening on the surface occurs more with shower-feeding in a shampoo setting. You'll also find that it's harder to control your application when pre-spraying with a battery sprayer. It's a lot easier to get good coverage with an onboard sprayer.

It sounds like the job turned out alright though - so that's good. And with more experience you'll continue to improve your technique. If I can help you let me know.

Welcome to the world of Encap! Glad to hear it was a success for you.