• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Von Schrader
Can anyone explain the Von Schrader upholstery cleaning system? I dislike doing upholstery and would love an alternative that was safe, effective, and fast. How does this work? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I sampled on years ago, but never owned one. Although I don't have a lot of experience with the machine, I can give you an overview of what it does.

The VS upholstery machine generates a head of foam and the foam gets brushed across the fabric. Next the foam gets vacuumed from the upholstery. It's a low moisture approach for sure. And low moisture on upholstery can be a good thing, especially if you're dealing with moisture sensitive fabrics. The unit actually checks off two important boxes - (1) low-moisture, and (2) agitation.

It doesn't seem like these machines ever made a big splash in the industry. But I don't personally have enough experience with the machine to really say whether it's a worthwhile machine or not. If you can find a good deal on one, you may want to pick up one and give it a whirl.
For what it's worth.....

I had the VS-2 model years ago.

Big downside, (for me), was the weight of the head which had two counter rotating brushes inside.

Fairly heavy, but compact machine also to take into the job.

Although it was a very low moisture system, I was never really happy with the results over the years.

I did not believe that the solutions were up to scratch, because when I started using Releasit through the VS-2, the results were much better.

I get much better results now using a pre-spray of Encap; and agitation with my Makita or Drill Driver, or Cyclo, depending on the fabric being cleaned.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Nearly bought one tried before the weight is the big downside better off with a small pump up  foam spray and a hand mitt IMO.
Guess I'm the lone upholstery cleaner that really likes the Von Schrader system.  Use it quite regularly.  Had it for over 3 years.  
The head cleaner weighs about 7 lbs.  Can be tiring to hands and arms when doing a lot of cleaning, but I don't think it's overwhelming.
Solutions have worked very well for me.   Results have been excellent.  Many, many compliments when cleaning sofas and the like that have abundance of dog/cat hair as the counter rotating brushes help dig up and remove the hair.  
Will continue using the Aridex upholstery cleaner and hope to keep getting positive responses.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
We use the Von Schrader to clean all of our upholstery.  
The head does weight about 7 lbs however it does an excellent job at cleaning upholstery. Mine died so I found something that works pretty well.
I use a hand buffer with a small bonnet pad. You really need to watch the speed and bonnet pad or you could own the sofa. Go onto YouTube and
check out Xerion Solutions upholstery cleaning.
I recently saw the aridex machine and became very interested, I could only find a few reviews and they were not great, (Glad to see a few good ones on this thread!) and at $3000.00 it seems to much to spend if I don't like it once I get it. I found a machine on alibaba that has the same process and left a couple of messages but no reply as of yet. Its the "Gaomei GMS-2" From China If anybody is interested or has any info on it?