• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DS2 as spot cleaner
My Encap spot ran out of stock...

Can i handle a strong dillution of DS2 in the same way as a spot cleaner especially as application against spill stains and wick back problems?

Which dillution do you recommend?
Yes. In fact there's a dilution for spill stains right on the DS2 label. That dilution could also be used for "general spotting". Smile

While Encap-Spot contains ingredients that will help it to take on a larger range of spotting conditions, DS2 is capable of handling basic spots extremely well.
Rick - what chemical do you recommend for your famous recurring stain treatment?

I did a hotel demo the other day for a recurring 16 year spot. They had even nicknamed it the haunted spot. I followed your instructions to the T using DS2. Checked on it 2 days later and still looked good thus far. They were impressed. I'm taking a perpetual clean maintenance proposal for the hotel over next week and will give you an update. I was just curious if DS2 is what you would normally use for the boxing in around the spot and the 50/50 spray.

Thanks!
Rick - what chemical do you recommend for your famous recurring stain treatment?

You can use DS2 for the spill treatment. That's what we normally use. However you could actually use any of our detergents for this - just follow the spill treatment directions.

Here is what we recommend... 
Best of all - it works!

How To Eliminate a Recurring Spill Stain:

1. First: Scrub the spot for at least 60 seconds (scrub for 2-3 minutes if the spot is a tough one). Scrub it with next to no moisture in the pad (practically zero moisture). So you're scrubbing the daylights out of that spot with MINIMAL moisture. I will normally scrub a circle around the spot with the Cimex first, leaving the spot bone dry. Then I'll run the machine over a section of dry carpet for a few seconds to dry out the pads. Then without squeezing the solution valve, I'll criss-cross over the spot for a minute or more as outlined above. The only moisture is coming from what gets picked up from the perimeter of the spill stain.

2. Next: Spray a few good mists of concentrated Releasit Encap-Clean DS2 onto the area using a trigger sprayer. The concentrate is mixed 1:3 if you're using Encap-Clean DS2.

3. Final Step: Work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber by running the machine back across the spot one last time.

This process works perfectly just about 100% of the time, if it is performed to the letter. You've got to scrub intensely with minimal moisture first. Then apply the concentrated Releasit. Then work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber. The fluoro-chemical retards the wicking process during drying, and the concentrated polymer crystallizes any spill residue remaining at the base of the carpet. BaddaBing-BaddaBoom the recurring spot is gone for good. Even if the carpet is cleaned later with HWE, the spot won't reappear. Follow this little trick carefully, and prepare to be amazed Smile
(02-21-2016, 12:15 AM)encapman Wrote: Yes. In fact there's a dilution for spill stains right on the DS2 label. That dilution could also be used for "general spotting". Smile

While Encap-Spot contains ingredients that will help it to take on a larger range of spotting conditions, DS2 is capable of handling basic spots extremely well.

Thanks for your answer. I hope i will be able to get Encap Spot again in a short time!