• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex cr 38 48
Hi All

I am thinking of buying Cimex, there are Cr 38 and 48. the price is lots difference.

Is it worth to pay $2000more for better one? what is difference this two?
The CR38 is the 15 inch model. It's spins about 50% faster than the 19 inch model. But don't let that sway you. It has a much smaller motor than the 19 inch model, and therefore has considerably lighter head weight. When it is used for carpet cleaning it tends to hop and chatter on the carpet. The CR48 is the 19 inch model. The 19 inch model is hugely more popular for carpet cleaning!
there are two cr 48 and the price difference is about $2000.

for the carpet cleaning use only, what is different with this two model?

Thanks
The CR48 CM is the model that we sell for carpet cleaning. It's a 19" machine. That's the one that people are using for carpet cleaning.

I'm not sure about the prices - or the model designations where you are in New Zealand. Those machines would come from Truvox in England, whereas the models we carry in the USA come from Cimex USA. So there may be some minor differences in model configurations, components, ID numbers, and pricing.
I am talking about CR 48 and CR 48 DF from excellet supply website.
The DF model is a marble restoration machine. It's a beast! Very heavy. Larger motor. 800 rpms.
It is built from the ground up specifically for grinding and honing marble, terrazzo, concrete, etc.
if only does carpet, are they have much difference?
The CR48-DF is the Diamond Finisher.
And the CR48-CM is the Carpet Maintainer.
still getting confused with this two machine.

If I have HWE and CRB 175, Do I still need to CR48DF? with CR48CM , can I still do good job?

Thanks
You can do a decent job with a 175 or a CRB. But a Cimex will kick it up a notch. It's an amazing machine with superior scrubbing action. The planetary motion of scrubbing right and left simultaneously is unbeaten.

It's true, you could scrub the carpet with just about anything - you could even get on your hands and knees and scrub it by hand if you'd like to. But for my money I'd like to have the biggest tool in the house. And if you're going after serious commercial work, the Cimex is the biggest and most powerful tool you can get for carpet scrubbing. Smile
I know Cimex is very good tool and I need it for my business. I just confusing this two model CR48. I understand DF model is good too. but the price is almost double compare with CM model. So I just want to know with CM model, Can I still able to do very good job?
(04-16-2016, 09:32 PM)encapman Wrote: The CR48-DF is the Diamond Finisher.
And the CR48-CM is the Carpet Maintainer.