• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What bonnets for Encap on residential carpets.
Hi Everyone.

Been in to HWE for a while now but just bought a 175rpm 17" rotary and starting to do encap cleaning in residential.  Main reason is to stay more cost and time efficient as it is quicker than hwe.  Really just looking for some info as to what the best bonnets for encap on residential carpets is.  I have some turan bonnets with green strips that are not very aggressive and also some microfiber bonnets with green strips that are quite abrasive that I have not used yet.  Have I got the right type of bonnets or is there another type I should be using for residential.  Also is there a different bonnet that should be used on cut pile.  The carpets I clean are a mixture of both cut and loop pile. Any advice on the best bonnets to use would be appreciated.  

Kind regards
James
Hi James,

I would highly recommend the MicroGlide bonnets! We've been selling and using bonnets for many years. In my carpet cleaning business, I've used bonnets intermittently since the mid 1980's. And since we started Excellent Supply in 2002 we've been selling bonnets. I've experienced a lot of different bonnets through the years and MicroGlide2 for residential carpet is superb! They're not too aggressive. They clean extremely well. And they hold up really well. Plus they're extremely affordable for microfiber bonnets.

The newly upgraded MicroGlide2 bonnets have additional stability, just like the new MicroBeast2. The MicroBeast2 is ideal for commercial carpet and for Berber, whereas the MicroGlide2 is ideal for more delicate cut pile carpet. The video below shows the differences of the new MicroBeast2. The new MicroGlide2 shares the same improvements in stability and edge banding.

The new MicroBeast2 and the MicroGlide2 bonnets are available in 17" 19" and 21" sizes.

Thanks for getting back to me. Are the mircrofibre 2 bonnets priced the same as the mircrofibre 1 bonnets on your site or are they a different price? Do the microglide bonnets agitate enough on carpets that are visibly dirty. How would they compare to the Tuway thin one bonnets for encap on residential cut pile carpets? Thanks, James
(05-02-2016, 06:33 PM)cookiemonster Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me.  Are the mircrofibre 2 bonnets priced the same as the mircrofibre 1 bonnets on your site or are they a different price?  Do the microglide bonnets agitate enough on carpets that are visibly dirty.  How would they compare to the Tuway thin one bonnets for encap on residential cut pile carpets? Thanks, James

Yes, the NEW bonnets are currently on the site in the 17" 19" and 21" sizes. The price is actually lower than we used to be able to offer the older style bonnets. It's because we ordered in such a large quantity to receive them made to our specs.

The Tuway bonnets are decent, but they're "old school". They clean pretty well, but they can't match microfiber. Microfiber is a superior cleaning fabric. Here's a resource article highlighting the benefits of Microfiber for cleaning. The paper was published by University of Massachusetts Lowell, Department of Work Environment. https://www.uml.edu/docs/Microfiber%20Mo...187538.pdf  There's tons of information and studies that confirm the effectiveness of microfiber for cleaning - a Google search can quickly provide you with loads of info.

Yes, the Microglide bonnets will cut through significant soil loads. The fact that they're "gentle" doesn't cause them to clean in an inferior way. Not at all! The MicroBeast bonnets are great for chewing through a messed up commercial carpet. However the Microglide bonnets are terrific for cleaning anything else. The Microglide's are perfect for anything that would do well with a softer approach. And they'll pull up plenty of soil in the process!

Here's why microfiber is able to clean so well...

[Image: microfiber-vs-cotton.jpg]
What size do I need I have a 15 in Cleanfix power disc machine. will 17in do or will I need 19in to allow for shrinkage?
For a 15" machine a 17" bonnet will be perfect.

Unlike cotton blends, with microfiber shrinkage isn't a problem.
sent an e-mail to arrange an order thanks.
Here's a nice infographic on Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfiber

Cross sections: microfiber thread above, cotton thread below:
[Image: Microfiber-vs-Cotton.png]