• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixing Not so hot water with DS2
sometimes I have a hard time getting/finding a hot water source at the location i am cleaning ... I love to use as hot as water as possible when cleaning ... am i making to big of deal out of the water not being hot... have any of you ever used cold water with DS2 ...
It works very well in cold water too. If you can't get hot water there's no need to fret. The performance will be almost identical.
Invest in a bucket heater, you can buy used or new on ebay look for a model #742 bucket heater. I use it to preheat my water and actually put it in my cimex tank when I take a break to do other tasks, this ensures hot water at all times, even at locations that do not have hot water.

I recently bought a used #742 on ebay for $20.00 included shipping and it works great.

I hope this helps!
Randy's right. Bucket heaters work great. We used them for years in our commercial cleaning business. A bucket heater can get the solution up to a boil in about 20 minutes. And there's always a benefit to having a higher temp - it's part of the cleaning pie.
lol a little confused ... you say the cleaning is almost identical ... if so i will go with out the bucket heater.... thanks guys...
Anybody use hot water with a Multi-Sprayer?

We do use a bucket heater to keep our pads in when we're doing nasty jobs.

Helps a lot.
(11-09-2012, 02:18 AM)leofry@1966 Wrote: lol a little confused ... you say the cleaning is almost identical ... if so i will go with out the bucket heater.... thanks guys...

LOL ! The operative word is "ALMOST". You can also get equal results with DS2 with dwell time. Another part of cleaning pie. But use both and 1+1 will equal 4.
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.
(11-09-2012, 04:06 AM)Kleen O green Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 02:18 AM)leofry@1966 Wrote: lol a little confused ... you say the cleaning is almost identical ... if so i will go with out the bucket heater.... thanks guys...

LOL ! The operative word is "ALMOST". You can also get equal results with DS2 with dwell time. Another part of cleaning pie. But use both and 1+1 will equal 4.

Alex is correct when he said - The operative word is "ALMOST". Yet I wouldn't hesitate to clean with Releasit using tap water temperature. It works great even at room temperature. But the science of cleaning tells us that there's always an edge to using hot water. Hotter temps will ALWAYS produce better results - since the molecular activity of the detergent increases as the water temp increases. That being said, Releasit products will still work great at room temperature. Hope that clarifies things. Idea
If I have access to hot/warm water, I will use it.

If not, I don't care.

In the majority of my many commercial properties that I service, (over 95%), I use cold water and the results are fantastic, (so my customers tell me).

The rest, the water would be between lukewarm and hot.

Sure, the hot water will make a difference, but how long is that water going to stay hot enough to make an impact on the soil in the carpet when it is being applied via the Cimex's shower feed?

As soon as the heat source is removed, the water starts cooling, as it travels down to the pads, it is cooling, and by the time it reaches the fibres it has again cooled considerably.

[undefined=undefined](Remember the age old stories you heard about loss of temperature from AT THE TRUCK MOUNT TEMP; to the temp; when the water finally hits the carpet)??[/undefined]

Will the client say, "Oh, I see you used cold water"?

Trust me, the results you get when using DS in the correct amount and in the proper manner will give you Excellent results.

Many may disagree with what I have said, that's okay, it doesn't make anyone King of the carpet, just that we all have our own opinions.

Living in the tropics can make me hot under the collar, so what can it do to the carpet? Big Grin

Take care all and find that happy medium.

Shorty.
In case you aren't familiar with the cleaning pie, it has 4 basic elements: chemical, time (dwell), heat and agitation. If you're lacking in one component of the pie (such as heat, or hot water) you can make up for it by increasing at least one of the other three components.

Also (and don't quote me on this, because it's been several years since I brushed up on it) if you use water at 120-degrees, it increases your detergent effectiveness x2. For every 18-degrees above that, your detergent effectiveness increases again.

Heat also helps to break the bond between soils and the surface, which decreases your need for extended agitation, etc.

So heat is great and if you can get - use it. But if you don't have it, you can still clean with great results provided you know where to make up for the low temps.
Flippin' heck mate, stone the flamin' crows......... Confused

I be the Shortwun that refined the art of pies, especially wid pea 'n tata; on top. Wink

Ya talk about heat....... Huh

I'd be meltin' the fibres.............

120ºC = 248.0ºF

Don't worry young fella, I just be jerkin' ya chain. Big Grin

The pie is very important, especially with the water extraction method, however, with encap; I find the right solution at the CORRECT DILUTION, (and maybe with a selected additive), will do wonders on the floor.

There are many variables and techniques that one can use, each for a specific purpose, carpet type, soiling, etc; that "one shoe does not fit all", where we must invent our own pie to deal with these challenges.

Fortunately, the encap; system makes this relatively easy if you use Excellent products and advice.

Gotta go, Sat; morning & I'm working Sad Be glad when I get old enough to retire like Rick. Tongue

Ooroo.
I was cleaning an apartment some years ago and the tenant brought the landlord in to talk to me about doing the common areas in the building. The landlord asked me to do a demo....It was very cold outside and when I brought my Mex in, most of the DS solution in my tank was frozen. I did the demo and got great results and have been doing all of the carpet cleaning at the building ever since. I try to use hot water whenever possible, but, from experience, no perceivable difference. DS2 works even better than the old DS IMHO...Bob
So let's revue 12 posts that say cold is good but hot is good to . Does that about sum it up?

Pete
No Pete, the sum is "cold is good but Hot is MORE good"
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.
(11-11-2012, 11:34 PM)Kleen O green Wrote: No Pete, the sum is "cold is good but Hot is MORE good"

Once again, Alex nailed it Smile