• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pads and Bonnets? Do i need both?
I have just started using Micro glide and micro beast bonnets for residential carpet cleaning. I am now wondering if there would be any benefit to using pads as well and if so what pads would be good for residential. What are the benefits to using both bonnets and pads? Thanks.
Some carpet cleaners regularly pre-scrub all their carpets with FiberPlus pads, followed by post-bonnet cleaning. It's a thorough approach, and it works! The FiberPlus pads definitely provide the highest level of agitation, so there's merit to that two step method. But in a lot of cases, there will be sufficient agitation with microfiber bonnets by themselves to get the job done. I guess the best course of action is to keep your options open. I think that you can do fine with bonnets alone for most carpet. However having the FiberPlus pads on hand can add extra agitation to the cleaning, and that can be very helpful when you need it.
Thanks for your reply. The reason I am asking is that I went to a job yesterday and used my bonnets I got from you for the first time. The carpet was heavily soiled but the microbeast bonnets were a little to abrasive for the type of carpet and the micro glide bonnets were I bit on the soft side for the amount of staining on the carpet. I did get the carpet clean with a little dwell time and a few extra passes but just wondered if there was anything I could have done to have got it done quicker and a bit more thoroughly.

Also, would using a carpet agitator like a sebo make the job easier before using the rotary?

Thanks
How about a pad like the Glad pad, ? Plus i hear that the Pro cotton blend from Bonnet Pro is GREAT pad.
Those might be good options to consider too.  I haven't personally worked with those bonnets. If you research microfiber on the Internet, for example there's a good bit of information on Wikipedia, you'll find that microfiber is an awesome fabric for cleaning!  It has some pretty amazing ability to capture soil. 
MF-Beasts.Glide,FPpads ,Cotton/blend and Wool OP pads. It all depends on the soil load,carpet type and if I am there on a regular basis.