• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifting the Cimex machine into the van
Right now i have a 175 swing machine... I can put it in the van somewhat easy... i have a method where i put one hand on the lip and one hand on the handle... not that big of a deal... well i really really want a cimex... but i fear that i will not be able to get this in my van... mmm how do you guys handle this... i do not want to take my truck, I want my Truck mount that is in my van with me... because i may need it ..
Get a ramp.
well i understand you saying that... not sure that would work.. that would require me getting in the van and pulling up the cimex... then there is not room for me to get out of the van... lol... unless i crawl over the seats... which i guess i could do ...
OMG Leo, You don't pull the Mex; up the ramp, [undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined]you push it.[/undefined][/undefined]

I have a great set of telescopic aluminum ramps that extend from 3' out to 6'

If you park next to the kerb, it's even easier.

Crikey, with my old 3' ramps Delia used to load and unload Big Yella.

Shorty.
We have a really sweet bi-fold aluminum ramp. It weighs just 37 pounds. It's 81" long so it can mate up to 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, or 1 ton truck. And when it's folded it's just 40" long. I highly recommend it. It looks professional. And it saves your back. It's the only way to get a Cimex in and out of a vehicle IMHO.

Here's the details...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Link-Ram...p_325.html
Thanks Rick... ok... Rick I am about 6 months and two more accounts away from buying a cimex... i will be calling about you guys when that time comes... thank you

John
(11-16-2012, 03:58 PM)leofry@1966 Wrote: Thanks Rick... ok... Rick I am about 6 months and two more accounts away from buying a cimex... i will be calling about you guys when that time comes... thank you

John

John, smart move, you won't regret it.

Idea Get the BIG WHEEL KIT (& a ramp) Big Grin
Just get two employees. It gets loaded easy every time I need it loaded.

Or do Rick's ramp thing.
What is the big wheel kit?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(11-27-2012, 10:04 PM)waratah Wrote: What is the big wheel kit?

The Big Boy wheel kit is an Excellent Supply exclusive.

We swap out the original 7" hard wheels (with no bearings) for 10" semi-pneumatic wheels (with bearings). We also swap out the stock zinc axle for a fitted stainless steel axle. This affords a much smoother rolling machine than the standard set up. it makes a big difference in the overall operation of the machine, and it's much easier to roll up and down steps and over textured surfaces.
(11-27-2012, 11:18 PM)encapman Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 10:04 PM)waratah Wrote: What is the big wheel kit?

The Big Boy wheel kit is an Excellent Supply exclusive.

We swap out the original 7" hard wheels (with no bearings) for 10" semi-pneumatic wheels (with bearings). We also swap out the stock zinc axle for a fitted stainless steel axle. This affords a much smoother rolling machine than the standard set up. it makes a big difference in the overall operation of the machine, and it's much easier to roll up and down steps and over textured surfaces.

Also over sand, rockeries, grass and up and down stairs. Big Grin

Shywun