• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bot....
Just bought a second used Orbot about two weeks ago (Cimex is next!).

This one includes the SprayBorg (my first machine has everything except the SprayBorg).

Anyway, we have a decent size commercial job coming up and we are planning on using both machines. Since I've never used the on board sprayer is there anything I should be prepared for? Any potential surprises?

I'll be using the on board sprayer for the offices that are lightly soiled and have no significant issues (no dwell). The machine without the sprayer will be used in conjunction with the Multi-Sprayer on the hallways that do have issues.

Sound like a plan?

Also, how are some of you unloading/loading the Bot with the SprayBorg? I know you'll all say I need a ramp, but one of the joys of the Orbot is not needing one.

What a hassle!

Thanks guys!
The sprayborg works great. Just remember to rinse out the lines after using encap chemicals due to clogging the tips and lines. JMO
I do suggest getting a ramp. The big wheels on the orbot work great!
Lee
I do agree about the ramp for the Orbot. They say at 83 lbs it is 'baby weight'. Well, that would be a really big old baby. And, if you have three gallons of solution already mounted, you have about 100 lbs to wrestle. The wheels are great on level surfaces, but they are compressible solid rubber so the edge will flatten at an angle. Pulling or pushing 83 lbs at an angle that is flattened takes quite a bit of arm strength. Even when using my van's ramp, I make sure I am wearing a safety belt for back support and also when bringing it up or down stairs. But, it works great and makes a very nice humming noise.

Someone else had mentioned how nice the Orbot looks and that it should be wiped down to keep its appeal. I use auto detailing spray - protect and shine at the same time.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
I agree with Hoss above, I must admit that I still do prefer to use my ramps to load/unload my Sprayborg.

Sure, you can fold the handle and lift it in or out, but it is still an awkward lift.

At my age, my back is first priority when lifting things.

Look after your body when you're young and it may last as long as mine. ;-)

Safe & happy cleaning all.

Shorty.
When we clean commercial, we use 2 Orbots. One with the sprayborg, the other without. We use a fiber+ pad with the sprayborg, and follow behind with a microfiber bonnet with the other. Once you get the hang of it, it goes really fast, and it out-cleans any other method around.

Keep us posted.
Did the job Saturday.

We pre-vacced all areas but only did one pass. The carpet was not that bad at all. Used a FP on everything except a couple of traffic lanes where we used a FP and SuperZorb.

SprayBorg is a massive time saver!
(11-26-2012, 04:11 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Did the job Saturday.

We pre-vacced all areas but only did one pass. The carpet was not that bad at all. Used a FP on everything except a couple of traffic lanes where we used a FP and SuperZorb.

SprayBorg is a massive time saver!

I agree! The SprayBorg is probably the best piece of equipment I've ever bought. My only gripes are the spray nozzles, I wish they were stainless steel and in a different configuration.
I have a cimex for sale with tile and grout brushes if interested, call 772-708-2623
  Reply   Purge Spammer