• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spill/Stains
I just received my first case of Basic. There are no instructions for spill stain treatment. The instructions for DS1 have changed from 1:4 dilution to 1:1. Which is it? What to do? What to do?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You can use any of the Releasit shampoos mixed 50/50 with water as a spill stain treatment. With Encap-Clean DS2 you can back that down as low as 1:4. But results are really good with all of the shampoos mixed 50/50 (1:1). We probably should revisit the labeling instructions to say 1:1 on all the shampoos.

What we want to achieve with the strong dilution is to leave enough polymer in the carpet (with a few squirts from a trigger sprayer), to capture any potential wicking sugars that would cause a recurring spill stain. A 1:1 ratio is a pretty safe range to ensure that a high degree of polymer gets left behind to consume the sugar residue. You can probably back it down to 1:4, but in these cases I'd rather nail it on the initial visit than to have to return again later to deal with a recurring spill stain.

What you are seeing here are instructions that were produced over different eras of Releasit history. We are planning to make some labeling adjustments soon so that everything is even clearer. Thanks for noticing this.

I wasn't aware that anyone actually read the labels - you can move to the head of the class Mark. Undecided