• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxi Clean
What's the deal with this stuff? Anyone add it as a booster? Does it work in Hydrox? DS? How much per gallon? What situations?

I use it in my washing machine with hot water when I wash my bonnets. Works fantastic on those. I thought about experimenting with it on carpet.

Thanks for any experiences, suggestions.
No. It's not compatible with the polymers in Releasit.

We have a delicate balance between active ingredients and the polymers that we use in the Releasit detergents. We walk a fine line to get optimum cleaning results while achieving maximum encapsulation from each product in our line. Adding other ingredients will invariably mess up the crystallization. That goes for just about any additive - and it especially goes for Oxi Clean.

Oxi Clean performs erratically on carpet. It may be OK for certain household chores, but I don't think it's worth a nickel for a professional carpet cleaner. I tried it once several years ago on a pet urine job and it was a disaster - it foamed and fizzed all over the place and it lightened the color of a chocolate colored carpet. An unpleasant lesson learned.

But they sure do have some aggressive informercials. Wink
Thanks for the response Rick. Very helpful. I use it to clean my bonnets and it works great that way, just got me to wondering. I've seen on some other boards cleaners using a similar product to "boost" their encap. I've not needed to ever boost a product though.

You've got a great product! I still get surprised at times at what I'm able to clean. I just did another rental move out. Needless to say, it was trashed. I told the owner that I've cleaned some nasty stuff before, but I can't make any promises. He didn't care since he just wanted to make it look better to sell.

It cleaned up perfectly. I was surprised once again. You'd think I'd learn by now.