• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing the Sprayborg from the Orbot - is it easy?
i haven't tried this yet (it's out in the cold van A.T.M.), but i youtube'd it and couldn't find out how to do this. is it simple / fast, or is it a pain?

one reason i ask is to bring it in on really cold days/nights.
To be strictly honest, unless I've done it wrong, mine has been a P.I.T.A.

Disconnect the power supply and take note from which plug you remove the cable.

Remove the solution tube from both jets.

Undo the lock-nuts from both long bolts that hold the spraying system onto the frame.

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP ALL WASHERS/SPACERS, ETC; IN CORRECT ORDER & DIRECTION FOR WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO REPLACE SAME.

There is a schematic diagram in the manual of correct placement of all items.

You may still want to remove the jets from the top of the cowling/base plate.

I think that's all. Angry

I downloaded the manual from:

www.hos-usa.com

Orbot SprayBorg Bottle Cartridge Anti-Vibration System

The Orbot SprayBorg Bottle Cartridge Anti-Vibration System was designed to eliminate vibration in the handle.

If you need to take off or assemble the system, please mount the fasteners, dampers, springs, and nylon washers in the exact order as shown in the diagram below (see figure 24).

Failure to fasten the system in the order shown in the diagram will lead to possible operator discomfort.

When mounting the system to the Orbot, fasten tightly; not too loose nor too tight.

Do not tighten so that the spring coils are closed. Allow approximately 1/16” (.060”) between each coil.

Hope this helps.

Tongue

PS:: Yours is out in the "COLD VAN", meanwhile in downtown Cairns it's 03:00 am and to flamin' hot to sleep, ah well, on goes the air con; ;-)
must be nice, living in the southern hemi!! Tongue

tx alot Shorty. it sounds as painful as i'd imagined lol. now get to sleep.
If you have to keep your Orbot outside I would recommend putting some windshield washing fluid that is rated to -25 below in the tank. Make sure you spray the fluid so it gets in the lines. You will have to flush the fluid before you use it next but that should be pretty easy. Its cheap, its easy and it works!
Windshield washer fluid is what I have been using for years in mine and all my extraction equipment